Author Topic: Answers [#1881]  (Read 969 times)

Offline DL

Answers [#1881]
« on: October 04, 2009, 09:36:01 PM »
What the fuck was that?!? Based upon your questions filled with logical fallacies
and inadequate knowledge of biblical texts, as well as your lack of knowledge in the
realm of scientific research, I must inform you that you are the most retarded,
ignorant, good for nothing pieces of shit that walk on the face of this planet. You
have proved through that "short" video of yours that you are not even half as
educated as what you have lead yourselves to believe. And yet, through this video,
you expected to draw us "intelligent" Christians away from our faith without any
incontrovertible proof to negate our beliefs? Let me inform you of a few things, so
that when you redo your video, you can at least somewhat sound knowledgeable on the
topic you wish to discuss.

For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because
you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have
been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps, tumors rolling off of
peoples bodies, arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken
place all over the world, and some of them have even been documented by medical
professionals, doctors over the patients. But given that you knew nothing of this,
I'll let this one slide, obviously the healing miracles of God are not as widely
known as they should be. This is our fault, as well as that of the media for this
one, so you are not to blame.

Question # 2 is a logical fallacy. You assume that God chooses for them to starve,
that only God should and could just step in and help these people, and that it is
not the responsibility of the citizens of this world to heal the nations. God has
called us, His children to fix the problems of this world, and this burden being
only upon the backs of the members of the Christian faith is the reason for such
problems in this world. Do not blame God for the lack of genuine concern and
generosity on your part.

Question # 3: Innocent?!? Not resting on a day reserved by God for rest is retarded
first of all. If God tells you to rest, wouldn't you rest? Its not that hard to want
to rest. Anyone who did not rest on this day had no concern for God's commands, the
fear of God was not in them, and the Israelites, as God's chosen people, those
chosen to live holy lives, were not to be subjected to such lawlessness on a day to
day basis. Therefore, a purging of the guilty ones had to take to place in order for
the chosen of God to not be exposed to such a spirit of lawlessness. This also
strengthened the fear of the Lord in the hearts of the survivors. So it was a
win-win situation. For the next type of "innocent" people you refer to, those
disobedient to their parents, how in the HELL is that innocent?!? They DISOBEYED
their PARENTS! Those who God had given the authority to lead, and as leader of the
household, would have deserved some form of respect and honor. For them not to honor
their parents, would be to also not honor God, which again raises the issue of the
lack of the fear of God. Now, for those who choose to practice homosexuality, God
had specifically mentioned on multiple occasions throughout the OT (Old Testament
for you who lack biblical knowledge) that such actions/behaviors were an abomination
in His eyes, therefore to openly practice such a abominable lifestyle amongst people
who were chosen by God to live HOLY lives is a horrible act, and if not dealt with
in the proper manner would lead to more lawlessness of the same kind, and the number
of the righteous would diminish. Which obviously was not in God's plans, therefore
there was either the option of booting these people from the land of Israel where
they could spread their hatred of the Israelites to those in the rest of the world,
meaning more enemies for God's people, or they could be put to death, removing all
possible problems that could arise due to their remaining with the living. So
therefore, is it not logical that God said to kill them? Think, you who call
yourselves "educated", tell me whether that seems logical?

Question # 4 is the one that pisses me off the most. You people claim to be educated
in the world of science, and yet you fail to acknowledge the proofs found in an
infinite number of scientific research papers, experiments, etc. that not only prove
that God exists, but that the laws and statements mentioned throughout the Bible
line up perfectly with the laws of nature that govern the universe. The Bible is not
only scientifically accurate, but it is also historically accurate. Everything
mentioned in the Bible has proof, just look around you, do some research, and you
will find that this is so. You are blind, ignorant fools, trying to lead the
enlightened, and highly more intelligent children of God away from the truth, and
your pathetic attempt will fail. Most Christians do NOT believe that the Earth is
6,000 years old. There is only a very small population amongst us that do, so
please, remove that part from the video, if only to make you look as if you might
possibly be somewhat up to date when it comes to what the Christian population
believes. The other 3 points you made with this question have no scientific standing
whatsoever, these are just assumptions you have personally made based off of a lack
of proof for either side, and presuppositions on your part. And so now, I must move
on to # 5.

Let me make this as clear as I can to someone as uneducated as you seem to be, there
is not a single place in either the OT or the NT in which God supports the idea of
slavery, at least not in the form that we see it today. The slavery of Biblical
times was a short period of time, in which someone who could not financially pay
back a loan from a neighbor, would give their life to be used as the neighbor
pleased to repay that debt. This was so that no one would owe anyone, that  there
would be no anger, and no guilt amongst God's people. Before you start saying that
God is a proponent of slavery, please properly define the word, God never allowed
the forms of slavery we have seen in our lifetimes.

For question 6, heres a better question, why did God give you a brain, if you don't
use it? God lets it rain on the just and the unjust, bad things happen to bad people
because they are bad, and bad things happen to good people because they are good,
though the underlying reason behind it, is of a much deeper reasoning than I can
expect out of someone as uneducated as you. Bad things happen to bad people because
they deserve it, bad things happen to good people because they can handle it. If you
can understand that, which I doubt you can, then there is at least some hope left
for you.

For question 7, I lead you to the NT. Hello? How in the FUCK can 27 books recording
not only the miracles of Jesus, but also the miracles performed by the followers of
Jesus not count as some form of EVIDENCE to said miracles? I would ask you whether
you guys are retarded, but I already know you are, its quite obvious.

For question 8, I have to questions in response. Question 1: Does He need to?
Question 2: Did He ever mention that He would? The answer to both these questions is
a resounding NO! Therefore, why would it matter whether He has "appeared" before my
eyes. Is it not enough that the miracle and power of the grace of God has been
evident in my life since I first believed? Is it not enough that this great love
which God has for each of us is evident in the lives of those around me as well as
in my own? Is it not enough that God gave us His spirit, to live a life of power
amongst the unbelievers? And above all, is it not enough that God chose to make His
home within us? Do we really need Him to show Himself to us any more than He already
has? I think not, unless we are as blind and ignorant as yourself, and in that case,
we still wouldn't need proof, just a little light being shined into the darkness of
our clouded minds for us to come running to Him, ready to live for Him.

Again, as I have already mentioned previously, your questions blatantly reveal your
lack of understanding/knowledge in the area of biblical literature. You are looking
at this scripture from the perspective of someone without God. You have no knowledge
of spiritual things, and therefore have no right to talk concerning the matter, but
let me enlighten you. This blood which Jesus referred to was actually a cup a
wine/grape juice, which when drank would serve as a reminder of the blood shed on
the cross, that was used to not only write, but sign the new covenant, which freed
us from our sins. This body that Jesus referred to was bread, which when ate, would
stand as a reminder to His body being broken for us, so that our punishments came
upon Him, and that through His sufferings, we would be made right with God. Yes,
that does in fact mean that He NEVER meant for us to eat His body or drink His
blood, it was just a figurative expression of a spiritual matter which the people
around Him couldn't have possibly understood (as you also can't understand).

And now for question 10, the one that uses the greatest fallacy of all. You ask why
do CHRISTIANS divorce at the same rate as non-Christians. The fallacy is that you
are using the wrong word when you refer to these people that you label "Christians"
who get divorced. They are not Christians, Christians are FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, not
BELIEVERS IN CHRIST ONLY, but FOLLOWERS. I hope I made that clear enough for your
uneducated minds to grasp. Your question would be more accurate if you replaced the
word Christians with the word believers. By using the word Christians, the statistic
you are using becomes an extreme fallacy. No Christian has ever gotten a divorce.
Many believers have, but not a single Christian has EVER gotten a divorce.

So, to wrap this all up, let me make one wise suggestion for you next time you wish
to reach the intelligent children of the most high God with such bullshit, try and
at least make it seem like you know what you are talking about. Your video would be
a disgrace in the eyes of the scientific world who are also trying to battle the
ideologies and theologies of Christians, and who unlike you, actually did some
research, and came up with valid arguments that deserve to be given some form of
effort to refute. Your "challenging" questions are no more than child's play to
someone who is truly educated. And just to let you know, there are PLENTY of
Christians who have a greater understanding of the world, of science, of history, of
mathematics, and every other form of educational field known to man, than you do.
Your video fools no one, you have failed, and if you had any dignity at all, you
would hide your faces as well as your shame from the rest of society in the hopes
that one day this atrocity of a video would be forgotten.

Offline DL

Re: Answers [#1881]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »
Nominated for best email of all time

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »
What the fuck was that?!? Based upon your questions filled with logical fallacies
and inadequate knowledge of biblical texts, as well as your lack of knowledge in the
ignorant, good for nothing pieces of shit that walk on the face of this planet. You
educated as what you have lead yourselves to believe. And yet, through this video,
you expected to draw us "intelligent" Christians away from our faith without any
incontrovertible proof to negate our beliefs? Let me inform you of a few things, so
that when you redo your video, you can at least somewhat sound knowledgeable on the
topic you wish to discuss.

Is that how Jesus would want you to talk to people?
You are quite the loving Christian, aren't you?

For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because
you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have
been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps, tumors rolling off of
peoples bodies, arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken
place all over the world, and some of them have even been documented by medical
professionals, doctors over the patients. But given that you knew nothing of this,
I'll let this one slide, obviously the healing miracles of God are not as widely
known as they should be. This is our fault, as well as that of the media for this
one, so you are not to blame.

Oh imagine that! Of all the healings, we can't get a single one on an established, reputable news station. What a coincidence, eh?

Question # 2 is a logical fallacy. You assume that God chooses for them to starve,
that only God should and could just step in and help these people, and that it is
not the responsibility of the citizens of this world to heal the nations. God has
called us, His children to fix the problems of this world, and this burden being
only upon the backs of the members of the Christian faith is the reason for such
problems in this world. Do not blame God for the lack of genuine concern and
generosity on your part.

Why not blame God?
God is supposedly an omniscient, omnipotent being who knew even before creation how badly humanity would screw up. Now tell me something - if you were creating something and you knew in advance that your design was flawed, would you not change your design? Of course you would, unless you purposely wanted it to fail. Did God change his design? Of course not. Instead, he kept right on with it, and to add to the fun, he created an eternal torture chamber called hell for all those failed designs to eventually go to. What fun!

Question # 3: Innocent?!? Not resting on a day reserved by God for rest is retarded
first of all. If God tells you to rest, wouldn't you rest? Its not that hard to want
to rest. Anyone who did not rest on this day had no concern for God's commands, the
fear of God was not in them, and the Israelites, as God's chosen people, those
chosen to live holy lives, were not to be subjected to such lawlessness on a day to
day basis. Therefore, a purging of the guilty ones had to take to place in order for
the chosen of God to not be exposed to such a spirit of lawlessness. This also
strengthened the fear of the Lord in the hearts of the survivors. So it was a
win-win situation. For the next type of "innocent" people you refer to, those
disobedient to their parents, how in the HELL is that innocent?!? They DISOBEYED
their PARENTS! Those who God had given the authority to lead, and as leader of the
household, would have deserved some form of respect and honor. For them not to honor
their parents, would be to also not honor God, which again raises the issue of the
lack of the fear of God. Now, for those who choose to practice homosexuality, God
had specifically mentioned on multiple occasions throughout the OT (Old Testament
for you who lack biblical knowledge) that such actions/behaviors were an abomination
in His eyes, therefore to openly practice such a abominable lifestyle amongst people
who were chosen by God to live HOLY lives is a horrible act, and if not dealt with
in the proper manner would lead to more lawlessness of the same kind, and the number
of the righteous would diminish. Which obviously was not in God's plans, therefore
there was either the option of booting these people from the land of Israel where
they could spread their hatred of the Israelites to those in the rest of the world,
meaning more enemies for God's people, or they could be put to death, removing all
possible problems that could arise due to their remaining with the living. So
therefore, is it not logical that God said to kill them? Think, you who call
yourselves "educated", tell me whether that seems logical?

You believe that disobeying ones parents is grounds for execution. Duly noted.

Anyway, your argument here is that these people were not innocent. Allow me to direct you to the flood, where God drowned nearly all of humanity. Surely that included babies, very young children, pregnant women (with unborn children). Please tell me what those babies, young children, etc., were guilty of. Why did God condemn them to such a horrible death?

Question # 4 is the one that pisses me off the most. You people claim to be educated
infinite number of scientific research papers, experiments, etc. that not only prove
that God exists, but that the laws and statements mentioned throughout the Bible
line up perfectly with the laws of nature that govern the universe. The Bible is not
mentioned in the Bible has proof, just look around you, do some research, and you
enlightened, and highly more intelligent children of God away from the truth, and
your pathetic attempt will fail. Most Christians do NOT believe that the Earth is
please, remove that part from the video, if only to make you look as if you might
believes. The other 3 points you made with this question have no scientific standing
whatsoever, these are just assumptions you have personally made based off of a lack
of proof for either side, and presuppositions on your part. And so now, I must move
on to # 5.

LOL! This is rich. You're not offering anything to substantiate your claims. You're going, "Nuh-uh! The Bible is scientific!" I'm glad you have an opinion, but that means nothing.

Let me make this as clear as I can to someone as uneducated as you seem to be, there
is not a single place in either the OT or the NT in which God supports the idea of
slavery, at least not in the form that we see it today. The slavery of Biblical
times was a short period of time, in which someone who could not financially pay
back a loan from a neighbor, would give their life to be used as the neighbor
pleased to repay that debt. This was so that no one would owe anyone, that  there
would be no anger, and no guilt amongst God's people. Before you start saying that
God is a proponent of slavery, please properly define the word, God never allowed
the forms of slavery we have seen in our lifetimes.

God clearly states that you may take slaves, keep them as property, and even pass them down generation by generation. You don't seem to know your Bible very well.

For question 6, heres a better question, why did God give you a brain, if you don't
use it? God lets it rain on the just and the unjust, bad things happen to bad people
because they are bad, and bad things happen to good people because they are good,
though the underlying reason behind it, is of a much deeper reasoning than I can
expect out of someone as uneducated as you. Bad things happen to bad people because
they deserve it, bad things happen to good people because they can handle it. If you
can understand that, which I doubt you can, then there is at least some hope left
for you.

Bad things happen to good people because they can handle it?!
My mother can handle a sound beating; does that mean you support me beating my mother right now?

For question 7, I lead you to the NT. Hello? How in the FUCK can 27 books recording
not only the miracles of Jesus, but also the miracles performed by the followers of
Jesus not count as some form of EVIDENCE to said miracles? I would ask you whether
you guys are retarded, but I already know you are, its quite obvious.

I'm really feeling the Christian love, here. Thanks for calling people you don't know "retarded." That's what Jesus would want.

Writings about supposed miracles are not evidence. Please check your historical timeline for when the Bible was written to see why.

For question 8, I have to questions in response. Question 1: Does He need to?
Question 2: Did He ever mention that He would? The answer to both these questions is
a resounding NO! Therefore, why would it matter whether He has "appeared" before my
eyes. Is it not enough that the miracle and power of the grace of God has been
evident in my life since I first believed? Is it not enough that this great love
which God has for each of us is evident in the lives of those around me as well as
in my own? Is it not enough that God gave us His spirit, to live a life of power
amongst the unbelievers? And above all, is it not enough that God chose to make His
home within us? Do we really need Him to show Himself to us any more than He already
has? I think not, unless we are as blind and ignorant as yourself, and in that case,
we still wouldn't need proof, just a little light being shined into the darkness of
our clouded minds for us to come running to Him, ready to live for Him.

What do you say to the Christians who give a completely different answer to this question?

Again, as I have already mentioned previously, your questions blatantly reveal your
lack of understanding/knowledge in the area of biblical literature. You are looking
at this scripture from the perspective of someone without God. You have no knowledge
of spiritual things, and therefore have no right to talk concerning the matter, but
let me enlighten you. This blood which Jesus referred to was actually a cup a
wine/grape juice, which when drank would serve as a reminder of the blood shed on
the cross, that was used to not only write, but sign the new covenant, which freed
us from our sins. This body that Jesus referred to was bread, which when ate, would
stand as a reminder to His body being broken for us, so that our punishments came
upon Him, and that through His sufferings, we would be made right with God. Yes,
that does in fact mean that He NEVER meant for us to eat His body or drink His
blood, it was just a figurative expression of a spiritual matter which the people
around Him couldn't have possibly understood (as you also can't understand).

Please look up the history of this ritual. Start with the pagans.

And now for question 10, the one that uses the greatest fallacy of all. You ask why
do CHRISTIANS divorce at the same rate as non-Christians. The fallacy is that you
are using the wrong word when you refer to these people that you label "Christians"
who get divorced. They are not Christians, Christians are FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, not
BELIEVERS IN CHRIST ONLY, but FOLLOWERS. I hope I made that clear enough for your
uneducated minds to grasp. Your question would be more accurate if you replaced the
word Christians with the word believers. By using the word Christians, the statistic
you are using becomes an extreme fallacy. No Christian has ever gotten a divorce.

Oh dear.

Why do evangelical Christians, then, have one of the highest - if not the highest - divorce rates?

[Ranting and raving.]

Thanks for playing.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »
For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps, tumors rolling off of peoples bodies, arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken place all over the world, and some of them have even been documented by medical professionals, doctors over the patients. But given that you knew nothing of this, I'll let this one slide, obviously the healing miracles of God are not as widely known as they should be. This is our fault, as well as that of the media for this one, so you are not to blame.

First off, do any of them include Carole Miller McCleery?  If so, that's a bone spur and are frequent occurrences for amputees regardless of religious belief or lack of it.  When she can wiggle all 10 toes, let me know.  As for your other list, you're free to post it -- but that's really missing the point;

If the Bible is correct, amputees getting restored limbs and other supernatural miracles should be scattered along the landscape just like confetti after a parade.

Why is that?  Let's take a look at a summary of what the videos actually explain;

1. The Christian Bible has promises in it.

2. The promises are said to be kept in ambiguous situations.

3. The promises are not kept in unambiguous situations, such as but not limited to amputees.

What promises?  The web site's author mentions some of them;

You can see that the amputee experiment reframes our conversation. No longer are we talking about "religion" or "faith" or "God's existence". What we are talking about here is the basic human ability to process factual information. Jesus makes a number of promises about prayer in the Bible:

* If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. [Matthew 21:21]

* If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. [John 14:14]

* Ask, and it will be given you. [Matthew 7:7]

* Nothing will be impossible to you. [Matthew 17:20]

* Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. [Mark 11:24]

Are Jesus' promises true or false? By looking at amputees we can see that they are false. Jesus/God never answer prayers to spontaneously restore lost limbs, despite the promises in the Bible.

If you are a believer, and if this is the first time you have thought about the situation faced by amputees seriously, you may have a set of rationalizations and excuses swirling through your head right now.

So, what can we say is possible based on comparing the promises made in the Christian Bible to the what we see in reality?  A few potential conclusions come to mind;

1. The book is wrong, but the Christian deity exists.

2. The book was right, but the Christian deity no longer honors the book though it could.

3. The book was right, but the Christian deity no longer honors the book because it can't.

4. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because the Christian deity doesn't exist.

5. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because some other deity or deities exist, not the Christian one, and that deity or deities don't honor what they did not sign up for.

6. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because some other deity or deities exist, not the Christian one, and that deity or deities do honor similar promises to those who pray to them or offer some other communication or gift as a bribe for the miracle.  (Example: Hindu miracles.)

I'm going with #4.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
on to # 5.

First: I really doubt you've read a scientific journal in your entire life. Second: If I am wrong about you reading scientific journals can you please provide us the scientific journals to back this up;

The Bible is not
will find that this is so

I ask you nicely, please send back a message with the journal. I know I haven't read of any and provide proof of God, (and the university that I go to subscribes to a lot of scientific databases.)

Third,

Most Christians do NOT believe that the Earth is
6,000 years old.

Creationism, no matter how long ago (6000 years ago or 14 billion years ago) by definition means it was done by a deity, and I still don't believe the universe was made by a deity.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:55:21 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »

Very possibly.  Then again, maybe I'll get a cogent response to my reply that will leave me impressed and embarrassed?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »

Seconded.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »

Very possibly.  Then again, maybe I'll get a cogent response to my reply that will leave me impressed and embarrassed?

He is too busy embarassing himself to embarass you Hermes. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
draw us "intelligent" Christians away from our faith without any incontrovertible proof to negate our beliefs?
How about some evidence FOR your beliefs?

For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have
been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps, tumors rolling off of peoples bodies, arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken
place all over the world,
Let's pretend that this is true.  Why would you credit YOUR God with these healing miracles and not the dominant religion of the country in which the healing took place?  Of course, if a healing occurs, it must be a result of the Christian God, otherwise, it's a trick of the debil.

God has called us, His children to fix the problems of this world, and this burden being only upon the backs of the members of the Christian faith is the reason for such
problems in this world. Do not blame God for the lack of genuine concern and generosity on your part.
Get over yourself.  There are secular charities all over the world that help people because it's the right thing to do not because some invisible old-man-in-the-sky told them to.  Not only that, they do it without the added burden of forcing someone else's religion down their throats.

a purging of the guilty ones had to take to place

So it was a win-win situation.
Unbelievable.  I think I'm at a loss for words.  Oh, wait. . .please don't reproduce.  There.

Question # 4  The Bible is not only scientifically accurate,

Genesis 30:36-39 (New International Version)
36 Then he put a three-day journey between himself and Jacob, while Jacob continued to tend the rest of Laban's flocks.

37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted.

Please try this experiment at home.  When you've succeeded in breeded striped animals by using this method, please come back with your peer-reviewed published paper.

# 5. Let me make this as clear as I can to someone as uneducated as you seem to be, there is not a single place in either the OT or the NT in which God supports the idea of
slavery, at least not in the form that we see it today. The slavery of Biblical times was a short period of time, in which someone who could not financially pay back a loan from a neighbor, would give their life to be used as the neighbor pleased to repay that debt. This was so that no one would owe anyone, that  there would be no anger, and no guilt amongst God's people. Before you start saying that
God is a proponent of slavery, please properly define the word, God never allowed the forms of slavery we have seen in our lifetimes.
So, you get to redefine the word to make yourself feel better about your disgusting God?  There are many passages that give instructions on how to buy, sell, and beat a slave.  Go read your holy book.  And don't forget the passages about the female virgin girls.  Riveting.

For question 6,  bad things happen to bad people because they are bad, and bad things happen to good people because they are good,
What about when good things happen to bad people?  What is the point of being a Christian if God is not there to look out for his flock?

For question 7, I lead you to the NT. Hello? How in the f**k can 27 books recording not only the miracles of Jesus, but also the miracles performed by the followers of
Jesus not count as some form of EVIDENCE to said miracles? I would ask you whether you guys are retarded, but I already know you are, its quite obvious.
And according to the evidence, you, sir, are an arrogant ass.

lack of understanding/knowledge in the area of biblical literature.
Why? Because they disagree with your rationalizations and it makes you feel uncomfortable?

This blood which Jesus referred to was actually a cup a wine/grape juice, which when drank would serve as a reminder of the blood shed on the cross, that was used to not only write, but sign the new covenant, which freed us from our sins. This body that Jesus referred to was bread, which when ate, would stand as a reminder to His body being broken for us, so that our punishments came
upon Him, and that through His sufferings, we would be made right with God.
It's also an earlier Pagan ritual.  Just as much of the rest of the bible is borrowed from other cultures and stories.  As they say, "There's nothing new under the Sun".

question 10, the one that uses the greatest fallacy of all. You ask why do CHRISTIANS divorce at the same rate as non-Christians. The fallacy is that you are using the wrong word when you refer to these people that you label "Christians" who get divorced. They are not Christians, Christians are FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, not BELIEVERS IN CHRIST ONLY, but FOLLOWERS. I hope I made that clear enough for your
uneducated minds to grasp. Your question would be more accurate if you replaced the word Christians with the word believers. By using the word Christians, the statistic you are using becomes an extreme fallacy. No Christian has ever gotten a divorce. Many believers have, but not a single Christian has EVER gotten a divorce.
Wow, a No True Scotsman.  Irony much?  Who would have ever thought?  Funny, how you get to decide who is and who isn't a Christian.  I bet if you ask those Christians who divorced, they'd say they are Christians.  That's good enough.

Wow.  What a load of BS to wade through.  I need a drink.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-2
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »
Anyone who did not rest on this day had no concern for God's commands, thefear of God was not in them, and the Israelites, as God's chosen people, thosechosen to live holy lives, were not to be subjected to such lawlessness on a day to day basis. Therefore, a purging of the guilty ones had to take to place in order for the chosen of God to not be exposed to such a spirit of lawlessness.

^^^This, here, is the face of a genocide-in-the making.

This is why I choose to fight religion with every means at my disposal, to the end of my days on earth.

'Nuff said.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 05:43:44 AM »
Please join the forum. I am on the fence and not too sure about this atheism stuff. I might be willing to listen to more you have to say, emailer.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »
Please join the forum. I am on the fence and not too sure about this atheism stuff. I might be willing to listen to more you have to say, emailer.

*Swat* Pony, stop it!
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
educated as what you have lead yourselves to believe.

I hate having to educate stupid xians in their own religion

Quote from: matt5:43-44
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 

if jesus met you, he'd kick you in the balls for being such a jerk.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »
ROTLMAO!!!! 

That was awesome!  I read the whole thing and it was great entertainment! 
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOyP44Xu5FA[/youtube]

The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline omniweasel

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Death-Rabbits
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
will find that this is so.

This makes me laugh the best!!!! yes, because if you use 3 as pi in school your answers will all be wrong. there's no evidence for a world wide flood, there's no evidence for a mass exodus/ slave rebellion from Egypt. there's no evidence of the wholesale slaughter of Canaanites, there is no evidence for Jesus. the Adam and eve through the fall of man is taken for ancient Mesopotamian lore, the flood is taken from the epic of Gilgamesh, the works of Moses are taken from the Egyptian stories of Tchatcha-em-ankh. the god of the mountain myth in exodus is probably derivative of the beliefs of the monotheistic cult of Aton in ancient Egypt,  the Jesus myth is the stories of Mithra and Horus mixed together and set to a modern(for the time) backdrop and imposed on a number of messianic figures who were later merged into one. Bats are not birds, insects do not have 4 legs, there is no such thing as a unicorn or a cockatrice and as far as we can tell there never was. NO ONE in the bible when to heaven after they died, all who supposedly did went while they were alive. there is not OT or even really a NT basis for hell. there is no historical evidence for probably about 90% of the bible if even that much.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 04:21:08 PM »
Dear letter writer, do you have any response to my comments?

I would like to see you are able and willing to address these comments -- one-by-one -- in an open dialog where you can state your ideas fully.  If not, why not?

For reference, here are my earlier comments;

For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps, tumors rolling off of peoples bodies, arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken place all over the world, and some of them have even been documented by medical professionals, doctors over the patients. But given that you knew nothing of this, I'll let this one slide, obviously the healing miracles of God are not as widely known as they should be. This is our fault, as well as that of the media for this one, so you are not to blame.

First off, do any of them include Carole Miller McCleery?  If so, that's a bone spur and are frequent occurrences for amputees regardless of religious belief or lack of it.  When she can wiggle all 10 toes, let me know.  As for your other list, you're free to post it -- but that's really missing the point;

If the Bible is correct, amputees getting restored limbs and other supernatural miracles should be scattered along the landscape just like confetti after a parade.

Why is that?  Let's take a look at a summary of what the videos actually explain;

1. The Christian Bible has promises in it.

2. The promises are said to be kept in ambiguous situations.

3. The promises are not kept in unambiguous situations, such as but not limited to amputees.

What promises?  The web site's author mentions some of them;

You can see that the amputee experiment reframes our conversation. No longer are we talking about "religion" or "faith" or "God's existence". What we are talking about here is the basic human ability to process factual information. Jesus makes a number of promises about prayer in the Bible:

* If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. [Matthew 21:21]

* If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. [John 14:14]

* Ask, and it will be given you. [Matthew 7:7]

* Nothing will be impossible to you. [Matthew 17:20]

* Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. [Mark 11:24]

Are Jesus' promises true or false? By looking at amputees we can see that they are false. Jesus/God never answer prayers to spontaneously restore lost limbs, despite the promises in the Bible.

If you are a believer, and if this is the first time you have thought about the situation faced by amputees seriously, you may have a set of rationalizations and excuses swirling through your head right now.

So, what can we say is possible based on comparing the promises made in the Christian Bible to the what we see in reality?  A few potential conclusions come to mind;

1. The book is wrong, but the Christian deity exists.

2. The book was right, but the Christian deity no longer honors the book though it could.

3. The book was right, but the Christian deity no longer honors the book because it can't.

4. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because the Christian deity doesn't exist.

5. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because some other deity or deities exist, not the Christian one, and that deity or deities don't honor what they did not sign up for.

6. The book is not relevant to the questions it raises because some other deity or deities exist, not the Christian one, and that deity or deities do honor similar promises to those who pray to them or offer some other communication or gift as a bribe for the miracle.  (Example: Hindu miracles.)

I'm going with #4.

Online Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +471/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »
[...]

For your first question, why won't God heal amputees, I must say, that just because you haven't seen it for yourself, it does not mean it doesn't take place. There have been countless occurrences of legs sprouting out of stumps,[...], arms shooting out of shoulders, etc. These occurrences have taken place all over the world, and some of them have even been documented by medical
professionals, doctors over the patients. But given that you knew nothing of this,I'll let this one slide, obviously the healing miracles of God are not as widely known as they should be. This is our fault, as well as that of the media for this one, so you are not to blame.

[...]
Oh go on then - destroy the whole site, give us a couple of decent references to sprouting legs and arms. I'm willing to accept 'extra' arms or legs where the lord has blessed someone in later life with more than the regular 2.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +786/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »

For now I will just ignore all the stumps sprouting new limbs in secret undisclosed locations far from any form of communications media. God does real healing only when there are no reliable witnesses. Don't want to win too many souls-- can't let heaven get too crowded, now. (We can see Paris Hilton's overworked coochie on our cell phones any time, but all those healed amputees can't get any love from CNN?)

I will also leave off commenting on the desire for god to destroy all disobedient children, people from the wrong ethnic groups, gays and anyone who doesn't rest on Sundays. (If god is too slow with the big smite-a-thon, you might just have to take it on yourself, gosh darned it...)

I will also for the sake of argument, accept OP's opinion that slavery in ancient times was just like taking on a little part-time job to pay off a few bills. (A permanent unpaid full-time part-time job with mandatory overtime, daily rape by the boss, whippings every coffee break and the option of being sold again...)

But the part about no christian even getting divorced just singes my hash. When christians suffer higher rates of every vice, sin, crime, social problem or misfortune, well they aren't really christians, or god is testing them, or god will reward them in the afterlife.

So how about the other side  of the coin. Places with fewer religious people have better lives and lower rates of all that negative stuff. Does god test the godly while smiling kindly on the godless, knowing in his wisdom, that we are weak vessels and can't take too much hassling?
Or does that meant the peaceful, hard-working, family-values atheists and unbelievers in Denmark and Japan, are they secretly christians then?

Please, please tell me this OP was just kidding.....or is in an institution.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »

*Swat* Pony, stop it!

No! I won't. I have a need in my heart for something. It sounds like this person is describing a shape of what might fill that hole.

Does a god exist and does he love me? What do I do?

God, if you love me, send me a sig.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +786/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

*Swat* Pony, stop it!

No! I won't. I have a need in my heart for something. It sounds like this person is describing a shape of what might fill that hole.

Does a god exist and does he love me? What do I do?

God, if you love me, send me a sig.

Actually, now that I think about it, every human has a hole or two that something might be able to fill, if only the right-shaped something could be found. Now class, talk amongst yourselves.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »
Jen, that was hot.