Author Topic: Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX): GOP Insurgency "May Be Required"  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX): GOP Insurgency "May Be Required"
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »
http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2009/02/sessions_gop_in.php

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban," Sessions said during a meeting yesterday with Hotline editors. "And that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

That agreement, as Sessions described it, involved a promise from Pelosi to preside over an "open, honest, ethical Congress." Obama, Sessions added, has pledged to diminish the political rhetoric in Washington and work in a bipartisan fashion.

"If they do not give us those options or opportunities then we will then become insurgency of a nature to where we do those things that are necessary to making sure the American public knows what we think the correct answer is," Sessions said during the 60-minute interview. "So we either work together, or we're going to find a way to get our message out."

When pressed to clarify, Sessions said he was not comparing the House Republican caucus to the Taliban, the Muslim fundamentalist group.

Odd isn't it, that the self described 'Real Americans'tm are modeling themselves after the Taliban?
Can these guys possibly be any more hypocritical without exploding?

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
Re: Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX): GOP Insurgency "May Be Required"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »
there is another post out here where the department of homeland security stops people for no reason,like a police state but im to lazy to look it up
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
sure sounds like the GOP is intending to be traitors to the US. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »
I find myself hoping there is a huge backlash from this.
I also find myself wondering how 'American' it is to suggest that the 'GOP' do this in an effort to force their minority view on the rest of the nation in light of the overwhelming mandate from the recent election that shows how stunningly out of touch they are with the will of the American population they supposedly represent.

Offline I KILLED JEBUS

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Beware of the Army of the 12 monkeys
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »
they were in touch for 8 years(Bush Jr.) and what exactly did they do,aside from stealing the rights of americans"for their own protection"
Bow down my hairy children and behold the world I have laid out for you,walk away from your electronic devices and listen to the sounds of nature. Tear from you the ties that bind you to your pathetic existance,walk back into the woods with me and we shall feast on the bounty I have left
Sasquatch

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »
Odd isn't it, that the self described 'Real Americans'tm are modeling themselves after the Taliban?
Can these guys possibly be any more hypocritical without exploding?

No, I don't take it as hypocritical at all.  After all, if you dream of a theocracy -- one that you haven't been able to fully implement -- why not look towards your peers that have had success?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Count Iblis

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »
I find it mildly amusing that so many Repuglicans have come out against the stimulus bill because of all the spending in it. Where were they these last 8 years when Bush was running up the deficit?
Religion is an act of sedition against reason.--P.Z. Myers

To find out more about the Evil Atheist Conspiracy visit http://www.atheistthinktank.net/

you know, hell is going to be so jammed full of lying Christians that I fear I will never get in.  --velkyn

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:16:37 AM »
there is another post out here where the department of homeland security stops people for no reason,like a police state but im to lazy to look it up

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2787.0

Say no to laziness.

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 11:57:34 AM »
I find it mildly amusing that so many Repuglicans have come out against the stimulus bill because of all the spending in it. Where were they these last 8 years when Bush was running up the deficit?

Praising him for giving the wealthy a tax break.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
Yeah, after San Diego's Republican Congressional delegation (Bilbray, Hunter, and Issa) all voted against the stimulus package, our right-wing city daily ran this headline, "County's Share of Stimulus No Bounty".  With unprecedented financial strain on the city, you'd think they'd appreciate a quarter of a billion dollar freebie shot in the arm.  That amounts to a 7.5% bonus.  Multiply that by my salary and I get a very happy number that I'd by no means turn my nose up at.  After doing everything they could to drag their feet on the bill and shoving in hundreds of billions in tax cuts that our President didn't want (a President, by the way, with the largest popular mandate seen in this country in a quarter century), they immediately switch gears and complain that the bill didn't give us enough money.  Well, fellas, think how much money you could have brought to San Diego if you three had been willing to break ranks and vote for the motherfucker.  Not that the Dems needed the House votes, but still, they probably would have gotten a lot just to add a few names to the Yea side in a spirit of bipartisanship.  Gotta love those Republicans!

Offline Got Mayhem?

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »
I couldn't but sense while reading this that this was supposed to be an admittance of sorts.
I mean, did anyone else notice that in a way he was saying "We engaged the enemy the wrong way but we aren't ready to fully admit that yet. Instead, we've decided that were going to copy the people we're trying to kill"
I am my own God
See the truth beyond
Through endless lies thy kingdom come
Glorified wisdom illumination tool
Self deceit it's the golden rule

Live your life you're gonna die your own death
There's no one above that's gonna take your breath