Author Topic: UR 10 Easy question for a 14 year old kid. Well maybe 15 next year [#873]  (Read 2534 times)

Offline DL

Question 1:why god wont heal amputees? Because human doesnt deserve to be heal due to our sins. He have his choice WANT TO HEAL OR NOT. U're not the 1 hu decide it.

Question 2: WHy many people starving in this world? Is the problem with our sin again, If we dont sin. God will not curse earth anymore and we are living with him happily and immortal d. If 1 starving children in africa happen not to be sinless, then GOd will return his happiness into the kingdom of heaven. TOo bad there isnt right?

Question 3: why god demand the death of so many person innocent in the bible? Our sin brings death and we're suppose to die. God have chose a time for everyone death Time. It does not matter whether u die earlier because u enter heaven and continue a better life too. SOme ppl will say den why dun u suicide? Suicide is a sin, once u suicide u straight away enter hell. God have the right to choose to do whats with ur life. All rights we have belongs to him, he have the right to take away ur life due to ur sins. Unless u're sinless den God wont take away because u doesnt deserve it. It might sound satanic to u, but we have a better reason. I am juz a 14years old kid i dunno how to talk well. SO i guess a senior pastor will help u? Cuz i learn from pastor. Apostle Peter die willingly to glorify God and for the gospel too. In the deutronomy in ur video. God told us to kill any1 who break the rules. Like kill the girls when they haven marry and they are not virgin. Look, is a sin to sex be4 u marry. God is Holy, he will not tolerate his special ppl aka the jews to sin heavily. Heavy sin will bring death. SInce that time Jesus haven come, some sin are not forgivable. If God doesnt kill those people who break the rules in exodus, deuteronomy, levi etc, it makes him a Bad God. Why God doesnt kill now? because jesus arrives and he forgives thsoe who commit this sins(christian only). Work on the wrong day u have to die? I tell u even u say SUCker u also must die because it is a sin. 1 sin could bring death last time because Jesus haven arrive. Those people in the past who believe Jesus will come in the past will enter heaven because they believe Jesus take away their sin. But some sin before Jesus come are not forgivable.

Question 4:How u noeGod did not create the universe in 6000 years? No one could even proof The universe was make in billion of years. That's just a theory. There was a big flood that make dinasaurs or sum ancient animals extinct, how u noe it doesnt exist? Noah ark wood pieces are found in the mountain he came down. The theory provide by scientist abt Ice age, Vocannons, meteor etc doesnt have any proof either. Is theory too. Jonah did not live in the stomach of fish? Who can proof he doesnt
God did not create adam from dust? Look our body inside have Nitrogen, and Nitrogen Is a Part of dust too. Scientist theory abt how human was create is also a theory. WHy not u try putting salt into water, make sure inside have no bacteria. And put inside a room with oxygen only and no other bacteria. U think there will be some organism in it?

Question 5: Slavery? U noe those Jews bought those slaves, in the 7th year they must send them back? They doesnt mistreat them too, our bible told us nto to mistreat slaves. And we dont use force to take slaves. We buy them, they dowan then we find another slaves.

QUestion 6: why does bad things happen to good people? We're not good people, we're sinner. Everyone commit a sin are bad ppl. CHristian are good people bcz we're no longer sinner. Even bad things happen to us, those people persecute us. God will reward us Kingdom of Heaven in the end, those people persecute us will send to hell eternally.

Question 7: WHy didnt Jesus didnt leave any miracles evidence. He did, those people witness him do miracles. Then those people witness spread and spread and spread until today. What for they tell lies? 400 people saw his ressurection, they are witnesses. Why would 400 ppl tell lies they witness? All of them dont witness together, Jesus appear to them. what kind of evidence u wan them to gave u? The bible of course.

QUestion 8: Why Jesus never appear if we pray? When we pray, we're not the 1 who commanding him. He don't want to appear because he want to strenghthen our faith. It might sounds as an excuse, but if u're gOd. People witness u be4, but after they die the next generation dun believe u exist even U REALLY EXIST and they want to see u. How would u will? U are real yet they believe u are fake unless u appear. They dont even deserve to see u man.

Question 9: why would Jesus want us to eat his body and drink is blood? He told us to use bread and cup to represents his body and blood. When we ate it, it makes us die with him sinlessly. If you dont, then u die with ur own sinfully.

Question 10: WHy christian divorce same rate with non christian? Which means those christian doesn't really being educated abt God. They doesnt give God a chance to choose their spouses and their own wife. They choose by their own and end up screwing. If Christian today have strong Faith, and not Emo or gothic christian in the western place then they wont keep divorce. A proper christian will pray to God to let him take control of ur future, plan for ur future, and ask him to choose a proper wife for u. But now christian having pride in their hearts, they dont let god to tkae control of them.

Hope this helps

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Re: UR 10 Easy question for a 14 year old kid. Well maybe 15 next year [#873]
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
Forget healing amputees... I think we'd better start by healing the educational system. That's some of the worst writing and worst reasoning I've seen in some time.   :o

But there's comedy gold in them thar hills...

I am juz a 14years old kid i dunno how to talk well. SO i guess a senior pastor will help u? Cuz i learn from pastor.
Look our body inside have Nitrogen, and Nitrogen Is a Part of dust too.
He told us to use bread and cup to represents his body and blood. When we ate it, it makes us die with him sinlessly
If Christian today have strong Faith, and not Emo or gothic christian in the western place then they wont keep divorce.

And WTF is a "vocannon"?  A volcano that you can load and aim?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:18:23 PM »
No child left behind !!! :D
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
really unfair, all atheist against me. I type until my hand pain. Yeah yeah volcano. Lol, you don't know protein contains nitrogen? Lol....protein is a meat kay. Are u educated well? Go google, does protein contain nitrogen?

He told us to use bread and cup to represents his body and blood. When we ate it, it makes us die with him sinlessly
How can u proof this is wrong?

If Christian today have strong Faith, and not Emo or gothic christian in the western place then they wont keep divorce.
Ya the bible told us not to divorce, so only those low educated bible christian will only divorce.

I am juz a 14years old kid i dunno how to talk well. SO i guess a senior pastor will help u? Cuz i learn from pastor.
I dare you bring all your theory to church and debate with the pastor.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
Why not bring your pastor here?  Lots of former ministers (including me) to talk to.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline gold_digging_ants

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
Question 1:why god wont heal amputees? Because human doesnt deserve to be heal due to our sins. He have his choice WANT TO HEAL OR NOT. U're not the 1 hu decide it.

But your god says that he will answer prayers, that faith can move mountains, and allow you to order trees into the sea.  He also says he gives all this even though we don't deserve it.

There's this little thing called "internal consistency", and I wish more Christians knew what that meant...
But the Bible has so many uses! After all, that very thin paper is perfect for origami, for starting fires, for using as a replacement coffee filter...
A friend of mine, on Facebook chat.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »

But your god says that he will answer prayers, that faith can move mountains, and allow you to order trees into the sea.  He also says he gives all this even though we don't deserve it.

There's this little thing called "internal consistency", and I wish more Christians knew what that meant...

Can, if you're holy enough in his eye, he will move the mountains if u ask him, allow trees become sea. Holy, if you're not Holy in your present life, God won't help u because u don't deserve it. I tell u 1 true story.

There was a man who met someone who being controlled by demons in his body and he is suffering. So that man look for a pastor to chase the ghost away. As Jesus said, He gave us the authority to chase ghost away. But the pastor keep command, "In Jesus name devil, get off this man and stop torturing him." Non stop. But it end up the ghost saying, "Do Not Cross me out or don't blame me for killing you." You know why God does not want to give him the power and authority? Because he is not holy enough. You want power, God said Holy.

This is God principle, do not set a principle for him.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
Can, if you're holy enough in his eye, he will move the mountains if u ask him, allow trees become sea. Holy, if you're not Holy in your present life, God won't help u because u don't deserve it.

Ichabencow, what is your native language?  If it's English, then someone did an abysmal job of educating you. Your writing is absolutely terrible.

I tell u 1 true story.

We don't believe you.  Do you know anyone who has ever moved a mountain, using prayer and nothing else?

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
Hmm, Manglish? haha, most important is, understand. Don't find excuses like grammer, spelling mistake to proof I am wrong. I am asian.

That's just an example God gave. Why should we move a mountain in front of you? Seeing is not believing, and it does not have faith. If you do not believe, then don't. When Jesus did miracles to let his disciples to speak foreign language, some people said they are crazy. But if they're crazy, they won't be able to speak accurately and u know what, they never learn foreign language. They speak out what the HolySPirit want to speak. Many people witness it before, and they say they do not believe God doing miracles in them and say they're crazy. They are just people like you.

U did not see it yet you believe, God loves it.
U did not see and u do not believe, But u believe when u see it. God can accept it.
U see already yet u do not believe, what will God say?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:59:25 PM »
Why should we move a mountain in front of you?

Because we asked you to; otherwise, all this business about moving mountains is just a story in an old book.

As far as I'm concerned, 'Jesus' is a fictional character who may have been based on a real (but not divine) person.  And the 'Holy Spirit' is just a mythologized term for the physiologically based adrenaline rush that occurs in a moment of great emotion.  It is not an actual being.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
Because we asked you to; otherwise, all this business about moving mountains is just a story in an old book. No book is better than that right? Davinci COde have errors, Koran have too, etc.(those have evidence). But our bible, Just theory.

As far as I'm concerned, 'Jesus' is a fictional character who may have been based on a real (but not divine) person.  And the 'Holy Spirit' is just a mythologized term for the physiologically based adrenaline rush that occurs in a moment of great emotion.  It is not an actual being.

Jesus does exist in history. He is not fictional. Ask a historist, if he says No. Sue him for failing history. Emotion and Holyspirit are different. Man....haven't u read the post i have post?

Again, why would many witnesses(hundreds) saw him doing miracles.(not only 1....) Turning wine into water, know what what his diciples thinking, answering many question trying to trap him, ressurect the dead people, healing the blind, lame etc. Many people witness that, not just 1-10 people. HUNDREDS!!!!!!!! And every miracle was witness by different people too. You think those diciples have enough power to convince everyone, Look We know Jesus is not God and Yehowah is too strict for us. Why not we make Jesus a false God?

Hahahahha very funny, you think they will? All of them agree what's in the bible happen before during the year of Jesus. Is not a old book k. People who doesn't have knowledge and have pride in their heart only say this because they scared to be a loser

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:11 PM »
Psst...you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible.

Again, why would many witnesses(hundreds) saw him doing miracles.(not only 1....)

We have nothing from most of these witnesses, and the ones that do talk contradict each other in a great many places.  Curious.  Hey, ichaben, I've got a thousand witnesses that say I picked up a car with my telekinetic powers.  I just won't tell you who most of the, are or what any of them say, and the ones that are talking contradict each other in major ways. Believe me?*

*paraphrased from caseagainstfaith.com

Jesus does exist in history. He is not fictional. Ask a historist, if he says No. Sue him for failing history.

If he says "yes," I'm suing him for distorting history unless he can provide some damn good evidence.  Hint: Tacitus and Josephus aren't considered valid.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »
Jesus does exist in history. He is not fictional.

Unfortunately, you're wrong about this.  The only "evidence" for the existence of a historical Jesus was written by believers.  There are no non-Biblical reports of the rather strange events that supposedly happened in Jerusalem on the day of the crucifiction -- The dead did not rise from their graves; there was no three-hour darkness over the city.  Things like that would have been reported in the journals of the Roman functionaries in the city at that time; in the log books of Persian astrologers; in the diaries of travellers passing through the city.

There is nothing there.

The only people qualified to speak authoritatively on the issue -- Historians who were recording other events in the Jerusalem  area at that time -- Say nothing about a 'Jesus'.  The Gospels weren't even written by eye witnesses -- There's a time lag of at least thirty years between the supposed time of Jesus and the writing of the book of Mark (which, IIRC, is the oldest of the synoptic Gospels).

The silence of history is so deafening that there's now a research project that's attempting to uncover historical evidence for the existence of Jesus.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »
Jesus does exist in history. He is not fictional. Ask a historist, if he says No. Sue him for failing history. Emotion and Holyspirit are different. Man....haven't u read the post i have post?

1.  What is a historicist?

2.  Assuming you mean an historian, pick me.  I'm an ancient historian (in training).  Read my... text (I was going to say lips, but you can't do that).

Jesus Christ, as described in the Gospels, is a fictional character.

And if you think I failed history, my academic transcripts, my honours dissertation, my degree certificate (which contains the words "Honours Class 1"), and my letters of recommendation beg to differ.
But the Bible has so many uses! After all, that very thin paper is perfect for origami, for starting fires, for using as a replacement coffee filter...

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 11:59:23 PM »
Yeah I guess u fail, haha. Go and visit Israel someday okay? Look at the ruins, read their history okay? It does not have to be the bible, if u call history bible. Then i guess the history I am learning abt my country is also a bible? Go to israel someday okay?

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »
Umm, excuse me?  Who are you to tell me that I fail, especially since I've already passed with honours, graduated, and have moved on to a new degree? 

If I were to visit Israel, I would look at the ruins, and read their stories, and analyse them critically.  I think the Bible does have some use historically, for telling us what Jews and Christians believed (and believe).  The other texts you mention are unreliable for reasons which have been posted far and wide.  Besides, even if the scattered references from Tacitus, Josephus, and anything else I've missed out on were historically accurate, that does not mean that Jesus was supernatural, it just means that some people worshipped some guy called Jesus that they thought were supernatural.

Try again.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
Wrong, if u're born on israel that time. U will see what miracles perform by Jesus, but of course now u can't see.

When Jesus do miracles, and many people witnesses him. Then he went up.
But After those people die, another generation doesn't believe in him.
Do you think he want to come down to show again and again?
IF he come down, those people die again, so another generation doesnt believe in him again.

If you're God, are u happy with this?

hah Histowhat again? U get honour class 1? FAIL FAIL FAIL. What u think the bible have history facts? Honour Class 1 THiNK Summore? The answer is CONFIRM GOT.

To help u not to fail in world history, I suggest u read from genesis to revelation. That will give u more knowledge about history right? Then like that people would not say What The Heck? How can "U THINK" bible have history facts, not historian oso will say CONFIRM GOT. No need to think

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »

Did you see it happen, with your own eyes?  No? Then how do you know it actually happened?  I rather doubt that it did.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:58 AM »
Wrong, if u're born on israel that time. U will see what miracles perform by Jesus, but of course now u can't see.

But After those people die, another generation doesn't believe in him.
Do you think he want to come down to show again and again?
IF he come down, those people die again, so another generation doesnt believe in him again.

If you're God, are u happy with this?

I think you've answered your own question.  If you were god, and you wanted people to believe in you, would you be happy if people didn't believe in you after you'd sent your son down to be tortured?  If you were all powerful, wouldn't you do something about it, to give each creation- you, me, George W. Bush- the same chance at getting into heaven as the people who saw Jesus performing miracles?  If you didn't, why wouldn't you?

And it's actually rather a compliment, coming from someone like you, that you don't believe that my qualifications mean anything.  I just feel like I won a prize.  So thank you.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 01:11:49 AM »
I think you've answered your own question.  If you were god, and you wanted people to believe in you, would you be happy if people didn't believe in you after you'd sent your son down to be tortured?  If you were all powerful, wouldn't you do something about it, to give each creation- you, me, George W. Bush- the same chance at getting into heaven as the people who saw Jesus performing miracles?  If you didn't, why wouldn't you?

And it's actually rather a compliment, coming from someone like you, that you don't believe that my qualifications mean anything.  I just feel like I won a prize.  So thank you. (Read the finish the bible then only say u won a prize....childish historian)

Well in the end, People believe in me and my son after all. Do you know some people who saw JEsus performing miracles also dont even dare to believe in him? They are afraid to lose everything and people will come persecute them. We all have the same chance. God emphazize on Faith rather than See.

God gave many evidence down to earth to show Jesus do exist and he is God. The problem is, whether u want to find out anot. When Jesus came down to earth, some people don't even know who is he. The real God is humble. Jesus humble himself as a slaves to serve humans. As a God he even wash his diciples feet, can you see how humble is he? George Bush cant even do that. The chance of going to heaven is 100% when u believe. You're more luckier than those people during Jesus time, there are more christian to spread u the gospel. DUring the time of apostle Paul, he have to walk to ROme. Those country who never have a chance to hear about JEsus such like india, indonesia, bangladesh are much more even worse than u. THey want to know Jesus, but they can't. But now you can. It isnt God unfair, he have the right to choose who will be saved. You cant question him, "GOD WHY SO UNFAIR, HE GOT A CHANCE TO BELIEVE IN U YET I NVR HEARD BE4." You cant, because everyone sins. Everyone doesn't deserve to go heaven, God gave Jesus consider a big promotion to humans d. U are very lucky gold digging ants. U have a chance to hear.

Listen I give u another example to understand God principles.
I am God. I already given evidence and the nature told my beloved humans that I am God.
It's very obvious I am the real God and I exist, yet they won't believe.
Is not my job to make them believe because I have given them the right to believe anot.
Those people who haven see me, but can feel and know I exist. I am happy with them because they actknowledge me. They believe me even they can't see. if they can, why can't those people who doesnt believe me do the same? Those believers in the past does not believe me. Yet now they believe. Everyone have the same chance. I cannot be unfair to those unbelievers to let their eyes see me I exist when those believers can't see me yet they believe me.

So do u understand?

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »
I've read the Bible.  It was nonsense.  Do I get my prize yet?   ;D

(As for childish, the tone seems rather fitting)

If there is all this evidence, where is it?  Show me.  Or tell me where I have to go or what I have to do to have this wisdom revealed to me.  I'm all ears.  (If it's the Bible, I wouldn't consider that great evidence)

And whether I'm lucky to hear- doesn't that depend on whether I'm convinced?  I was raised in a Christian household, in a predominantly Christian country, went to Christian schools, and am surrounded by Christian friends.  I have heard.  And I am an atheist.  If the evidence/ arguments/ proof of Christians is so compelling, why do we disagree?

And the point is, it's unfair that the people living in the time of Jesus got to see miracles- proof- whereas I'd have to believe a bunch of fairy stories that are less well written than most books of the era.  And, as you say, people in parts of the world where they don't know about Christianity are even worse off.  Such a loving god yours is.

I am God. I already given evidence and the nature told my beloved humans that I am God.
Is not my job to make them believe because I have given them the right to believe anot.
Those people who haven see me, but can feel and know I exist. I am happy with them because they actknowledge me. They believe me even they can't see. if they can, why can't those people who doesnt believe me do the same? Those believers in the past does not believe me. Yet now they believe. Everyone have the same chance. I cannot be unfair to those unbelievers to let their eyes see me I exist when those believers can't see me yet they believe me.

So do u understand?

No, I do not understand.  You say "it's very obvious that I am the real God."  How is it very obvious that you are the real god?  The stories told by the Bible are similar to stories told in sacred texts all around the world, and bear the mark of the values and ideologies of the cultures in which they were written (which would indicate to me that they were written by men).  There is no evidence that a god is working in the world as I see it today.  If there was evidence in the past, it has not been revealed, recorded, or saved for most, if not all, the people alive today.  Why should a god reward someone for believing in a book which stands against reality, without further evidence?  If some people do, it is not good use of their supposed God-given rationality.  If you, as God, reward people who believe things that work against what we know and our intellect, you are not a very intelligent god, and you deserve scorn rather than praise.

Try again.  I'm not convinced.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 01:55:57 AM »
I've read the Bible.  It was nonsense.  Do I get my prize yet?   

(As for childish, the tone seems rather fitting) Have u read finish the bible?

If there is all this evidence, where is it?  Show me.  Or tell me where I have to go or what I have to do to have this wisdom revealed to me.  I'm all ears.  (If it's the Bible, I wouldn't consider that great evidence) Well, what the bible have mention. Go and find out. Find out how lifes is during their time. Then tell me.

And whether I'm lucky to hear- doesn't that depend on whether I'm convinced?  I was raised in a Christian household, in a predominantly Christian country, went to Christian schools, and am surrounded by Christian friends.  I have heard.  And I am an atheist.  If the evidence/ arguments/ proof of Christians is so compelling, why do we disagree? Because u haven find any answer from Christian site too. U must find both side, atheist and christian. Well i am only 14years old and i am not expert. The best answer u can get is from those pastor who knows God and bible well.

And the point is, it's unfair that the people living in the time of Jesus got to see miracles- proof- whereas I'd have to believe a bunch of fairy stories that are less well written than most books of the era.  And, as you say, people in parts of the world where they don't know about Christianity are even worse off.  Such a loving god yours is.
Is not God who treat them unfair. If u want to see, go heaven and ask God show u. He even did miracle to us now. A plane was going to crash, and few christian were soscared and they keep praying to Jesus. SO the plane crash at a huge garden safety. And guess what. The garden have the statue, Jesus is Lord. He do answer our prayers and do miracle. When u become a christian, people around u will ask, What miracles your God gave u and he turn u into such a good person? Well maybe antichrist people reply in a negative way.

Quote from: ichabencow on Today at 01:11:49 AM

So do u understand?

No, I do not understand.  You say "it's very obvious that I am the real God."  How is it very obvious that you are the real god?  The stories told by the Bible are similar to stories told in sacred texts all around the world, and bear the mark of the values and ideologies of the cultures in which they were written (which would indicate to me that they were written by men).  There is no evidence that a god is working in the world as I see it today.  If there was evidence in the past, it has not been revealed, recorded, or saved for most, if not all, the people alive today.  Why should a god reward someone for believing in a book which stands against reality, without further evidence?  If some people do, it is not good use of their supposed God-given rationality.  If you, as God, reward people who believe things that work against what we know and our intellect, you are not a very intelligent god, and you deserve scorn rather than praise.(can explain simpler abit? My english not so powerful, and i dunno wad is intellect.)
If those evidence have not been revealed, go and find it. Why would he have to tell mankind he is the creator and on the other hand, some mankind believe in him? More than 80% people believe God exist. Those people who do not believe God are around 15%. Go wikipedia search. We haven see God, yet we believe. So why can't you? God already done his job. He finish his responsibility and u're asking more.
Just like when u're enter the kitchen, u saw food inside. Then U ate it, then u told ur mum, Hah Luckily I ate all ur food, if not no one will eat." Your mum will slap u and said, "If i didnt cook what are u going to eat."
If some people believe he is God due to the evidence he gave, that already make clear he done his job. He success making people believe in him.
Try again.  I'm not convinced. My duty is not to convinced everyone become to christian even they dowan, my job is letting them know more about my God.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:27 AM »
Yes, I've finished reading the Bible.  I've read the whole thing in several translations in English, I've read most of it in German, and I've read parts of the New Testament in its original Greek.  In every case, it was nonsense.  It didn't make any sense.  Even if we forget everything I know about the real world, one part of it didn't make sense to the other part.  It's called "internal consistency".  I expect most books to not contradict themselves, but I demand that a book written or inspired by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present creator of the universe not only be consistent, but also show things that the ancient cultures at the time didn't know.

I spoke to about six pastors.  They all told me slightly different things and contradicted each other.  My difficult questions, they had no answers to.  I've read quite a few books on Christian apologetics, written by pastors with a lot more education than the ones I spoke to.  They didn't make much sense and didn't really answer my difficult questions, either.  Just because you find me on a website friendly to atheists, doesn't mean I haven't heard your argument.  It doesn't mean I didn't seek out your argument.  I know the arguments.  They don't convince me.  Show me something that will convince me, if the arguments for your god are so compelling.  Otherwise, I'm going to keep on saying that it's rubbish.

It's not god that treats them unfairly?  Are you kidding?  And as for your "go to heaven and ask God", if your god is real, and I don't believe, because I didn't have the same evidence as people living in first century Palestine, then I won't be going to heaven, will I?  So I can't ask him- I'll be burning in hell because God didn't give me enough evidence. So it's unfair.  In fact, unfair is an understatement.

Give me evidence of those miracles, and evidence that they could not have come from another source, such as natural phenomena, other people, or sheer coincidence.  Show me the laws of nature being broken.  That's what I need to prove that it was actually a miracle.

When I become a Christian?  Isn't that a little presumptuous?  I see no evidence that I will ever be a Christian again.  There is no evidence for it, and your belief system repulses me.

My sentence that you didn't understand: If God makes people smart, and people use their clever brains and work out what's real and what's not, based on what they know, and the Bible doesn't seem real to them because of how smart they are about the world, should God punish them for that (because He made them smart, as He made everyone just the way they are)?

I looked.  I used to be a Christian and I looked for evidence as my faith started to fade.  What I found was evidence that what I had been told was a lie.  That there was very little evidence for your god, and that he can't logically exist.  It was when I looked for evidence of Christianity that I decided it would be dishonest of me to be a Christian anymore.  I found out it was a lie.

And I don't know what your next analogy is trying to get at.  My mother has never slapped me, especially not for eating. 

Some people believe that the earth is flat.  That doesn't make the earth flat.  In the same way, if God loves all his children, and only some believe, he is not loving for only giving enough evidence for some of his children to believe.  Is your god all loving or what?

You have told me nothing new about your god.  In fact, you have reminded me why I'm an atheist.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 02:36:47 AM »
Somehow i don't understand, why my country Pastor have knowledge above me and they know more than I do? Maybe western pastor doesn't really encounter much more about other religion so they doesn't know how to answer your question. But my pastor do. why? because my country have lots of religion and different races people living together.

You're saying God did not give u enough of evidence? To me God give me enough evidence to proof he exist, if he give u extra that the whole world does nto even know, then it makes God a unfair God. Very simple, I ask you. Who help Israel to rebuild their country back during the time of Jeremiah, Moses and who help them to defeat country in a crush? Who gave the power to the soldier of David. Jashobeam the clan of Hachmon fought with his spear against 300man and killed them in 1 battle. All of the soldier of King David witness it, you think he will write a false story that does not happen before?  Who gave David the power to kill Goliath the general of Philistine. Goliath was 10 feet tall and David was just a kid. It was God who help him.

God make human smart, but human wisdom are not above God. God knows everything more than Human. God know about the other dimension world, but Human doesnt. Yes God should punish them. But not now. God will judge every single human, angels and demons during judgement day. Those who twist the history and giving false science theory to mankind will be punish in hell. But they still have a chance now, if those people regret and know what they are doings are wrong and believe in Jesus, then Jesus will forgive them. God does not punish now because human haven't know Him yet and some are looking for him. On the other hand, he is justice and he have to punish evil people. So he pick a date for judgement day.

The FOod thing i am trying to tell you. If your mum doesn't cook, what would u eat? And U question her back in a manner that If I didnt eat who going to eat. That's a bad manner and disrespectful to your mum. Just like God, if he didnt give Jesus, how are u going to heaven. Yet you question him back If Jesus is real, proof it when he already given out proofs and evidence and witnesses.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 02:58:22 AM »
Even if your pastors were smarter than my pastors (and the theologians I've read), and even if you have enough evidence and I don't, that shows that your god is giving you a better chance to get into heaven than me.  Does your god love you more than he loves me?  That's not very nice.

As for who helped Israel, whether it be through Moses, David, Jashobeam, or anyone else-  How do you know they did?  They're stories.  There's no proof that they're real

If your god is real, then your god is smarter than humans.  Yes.  But your god also knows what human smartness means, how it works, and how humans will use it.  Your god made human smartness.  Isn't it unfair for god to give us smartness, let us use it, and then punish us when we use it?  And my smartness tells me that the Bible is a book of stories that are not real.  So would god punish me for using my smartness?  And is it evil to use my smartness?  If it is evil to use my smartness, then why did god make me smart?

If my mother didn't cook, my father would cook.  Or one of my relatives would cook.  Or I would cook.  Or I would go to a restaurant and buy some food.  I would accept what my mother told me.  But my mother is real.  I can see her, I can hear her voice, I can hear her telling me she's not going to cook.  And food is real.  There is no evidence for your god, Jesus, or heaven.  Your analogy doesn't make any sense.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 03:20:05 AM »
you doesnt understand my anology because u don't understand what is principles. Chinese people like me know well because it's very important for us. Perhaps that make a different with western and chinese.

Wrong, God love me and u the equal. Is just depends whether u want to accept it anot. God loves you, now u are hearing his word. Now it depends whether u want to accept it anot. God doesn't want Paul to spread gospel through Asia because we know, Asia would not be successful enough to preach to western. Western are successful enough to preach through Asia.

If those Asians during Paul time could not know Jesus, isn't it unfair? NO WRONG
God already gave jesus christ to the world not because we deserve it but because he love us. He already gave jesus christ, those asians cannot blame God during Paul TIme for not having a chance to hear about Jesus. We only can blame ourself for sinning, but God is kind to give Jesus to us. Yet u are asking for more.

God doesnt give a better chance to me to enter heaven than you. God never leave you, chance are same. It is just you who do not want to accept him. You're the once who controlling ur chance. That's not very nice to tell untruthful stuff about God principles when u dun understand him.

Wrong, they are not story. U shud not receive the 1st honor medal or what? All of them exist before. If there is no Paul? Who spread christianity to Rome? Rome even record Paul history. If moses doesnt exist, who is the one who bring hebrews out of Egyptian? Our world do record hebrews are slaves to egypt too. Those are not stories, it do happen, record in history. David, Jashobeam or anyone else do exist. David, The King Of Israel. That couldn't be lies, is a part of history in Israel. Not only in bible, but in Israel history.

I guess u're lying u read finish the bible. U juz google it i guess.

God gave us wisdom to use, but if u think u're using wisdom to create a powerful nuclear weapon and bomb innocent people, shouldn't u be punish? Actually saying, Adam and Eve ate the wisdom fruit without God permission in the Garden. So that makes them know good and evil and having wisdom.

Even human do have wisdom, God too will give wisdom to us. Like the world, minerals, fossils, evolution,creation God gave us wisdom to understand. But 1 thing is, who know's your wisdom came from God. Satan and devils live for 6000+ too. THey knew more than we do, they could give u wisdom too. IS not evil to use ur smartness, but is evil to use smartness to do evil. Not God making u smart, u're making urself smart. Going to kindergarden, going to primary and high school, then colledge. Did God force u to go and to be smart? You're the one who making urself smart. If not U wouldn't be here and u be working as a hard labor.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 03:27:45 AM »
I tire of this.

It's like you don't even read what I write.  Or you just ignore what I say and write "no it's not".  Do you even think about what I'm telling you?  Or do you just see evil atheist words?

I have always been smart.  My mother says that I've always asked questions, always wanted to know more.  I just followed that.  I don't know about you, but where I am, most Christians teach their children to follow their "God-given abilities". 

I don't care if you believe anything I've told you, even though everything I've told you is true.  I don't care that you think the Bible is real.  I care that you don't understand how to study history, but it is not my place to correct you.  Ask your teachers if you should always accept everything you're told, or whether you should think about it.  Ask your teachers what makes for good study once you're old enough to think for yourself (which is about 16).

I think you're wrong.  In fact, I'm almost certain that you're wrong.  But accusing someone of being a liar is not a very nice thing to do.  Doesn't the Bible tell you not to judge?  And not being nice to people is not a way to make them see that your way is the right way.

I am an atheist.  I continue to be an atheist.  Thank you for teaching me nothing new about Christianity.

Offline ichabencow

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 03:30:46 AM »
Christians are not perfect. I can't do everything God teach me since I am not God.
You're smart, ya 1st time i met sum1 smart like u to discuss with me about God. Human can be smart in their own ways, but don't u think when God himself tutor us, isn't it better? If u are being tutor by God, I bet u are a bishop now.

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 03:32:59 AM »
If your god came to tutor me, I would believe he existed.