Author Topic: Jan Crouch's garish hair  (Read 9718 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Jan Crouch's garish hair
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
What the hell is wrong with her hair?  That is one scary woman.  OK, it is clear, once again, that the 13 yr old asked for it.  I'm sure the church investigated this and handled it in the girl's best interest.   Now she is just trying to cash in on something that happened long ago.  Shake it off , babe.

Religion is wonderful...wish we had more of it. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: Jan Crouch's garish hair
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
Why do televangelist wives always look like ... um ... I can't even think of a word. But oh my ... that's the most horrific hair and makeup I've seen since Tammy Faye.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
Straighten her hair out and she could be the next Cousin It from The Adams Family.

Seriously how fucked up in the head do you have to be to turn a blind eye and put the blame of an attack on their own granddaughter?  Throw the scum to the dogs.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
But oh my ... that's the most horrific hair and makeup I've seen since Tammy Faye.

Really! What up with the hair?

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:18:15 AM »
Horrific and completely inexcusable.

Yes, I saw the posted photos too. Shit, people wonder what happened to showboat entertainers. :D
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline The Wannabe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Agnostic atheist...until further notice.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 04:33:36 AM »
She's obviously going for the whole chewbacca/glam-rocker look.  What a twisted and misguided couple.  Reminds me of that Steven Weinberg quote[1].
 1.  "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people todo evil things, that takes religion."
"I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance."  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 05:00:43 AM »
That is the face of insanity. Take a good look.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
She's obviously going for the whole chewbacca/glam-rocker look. 

You guys just don't get it.  You see, when she looks in the mirror, she sees Farrah Fawcett.  Updated with a 2012 kind of pink tint. 

And when she looks in the mirror, she sees someone whose value systems are superior to yours. 

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:24 AM »
when she looks in the mirror, she sees Farrah Fawcett.  Updated with a 2012 kind of pink tint. 

And when she looks in the mirror, she sees someone whose value systems are superior to yours. 

I don't know which one of those is more insane. :o
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 05:24:07 AM »
It's a wig, it has to be, it just looks like one, probably one of those over the top joke wigs you might wear to a party, something a man might wear if he's pretending to be a gorgeous babe, he might even wear a bra over his t-shirt too, you know, crazy drunk person stuff that seems funny the moment you think of it but end up being in the photos on Facebook you hate.

I hope the girl wins, if she was raped the rapist must be brought to justice and those who stood in the way of justice should not get away Scott free, not even anybody called Scott can.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 07:39:44 AM »
Can you imagine the person who looks at her and says "Clearly this is a woman of God. I must make her my spiritual leader!" Just what demographic is her church appealing to? I would say drag queens and trannies, but I can't imagine her church is very gay-friendly...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 07:53:14 AM »
It's a wig, it has to be,

I think it is three wigs.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
It's a wig, it has to be,

I think it is three wigs.

And a nest of ferrets.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »
I know! I know! She disguises her true self like that in hopes that god won't recognize that it was her who did all those evil things!!!
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »
It's a wig, it has to be, it just looks like one, probably one of those over the top joke wigs you might wear to a party, something a man might wear if he's pretending to be a gorgeous babe, he might even wear a bra over his t-shirt too, you know, crazy drunk person stuff that seems funny the moment you think of it but end up being in the photos on Facebook you hate.

I hope the girl wins, if she was raped the rapist must be brought to justice and those who stood in the way of justice should not get away Scott free, not even anybody called Scott can.
You really think it is a wig, huh? &)
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »
Gots to admit, her looks are over the top, but no one mentioned the husband. He looks pretty shifty to me, kinda like a carnival barker.

From Wiki;

A barker is a person who attempts to attract patrons to entertainment events, such as a circus or funfair, by exhorting passing public,[1] describing attractions of show and emphasizing variety, novelty, beauty, or some other feature believed to incite listeners to attend entertainment. A barker may conduct a brief free show, introducing performers and describing acts to be given at the feature performance. Professional barkers strongly dislike the term and instead refer to themselves as "talkers."

I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +782/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
She is
a) a female impersonator or
b) bald or
c) both.

If her husband ever saw her naked and without makeup, he would go blind. As would we all. Sheesh. These are horrible, horrible people. Why don't aliens ever abduct creatures like these? They would make nice additions to any planet's zoo or circus. They may even be edible. Anybody out there? Hello?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
They may even be edible.

Are you kidding? Don't you know that bright colors, horrible appearance, et cetera, are warnings to predators that they're poisonous?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +782/-4
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
They may even be edible.

Are you kidding? Don't you know that bright colors, horrible appearance, et cetera, are warnings to predators that they're poisonous?

We are talking about them being eaten by aliens here. Who knows what they consider to be food. Besides, I said "may". YMMV.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
We are talking about them being eaten by aliens here. Who knows what they consider to be food.

Dunno. I'd rather not risk it.

Besides, I said "may".

I thought your "may" was sarcastic.

YMMV.

I am not familiar with that acronym.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
Your mileage may vary.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
Your mileage may vary.

I am not familiar with that phrase either. :P
We choose our own gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +782/-4
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
YMMV means that everyone's experience might be different. Here I intended to convey the idea that aliens might find these revolting freakazoids tasty and appealing. I know, once you have to explain it, it ain't funny no more.  :'(

Offline The Wannabe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »

I don't know which one of those is more insane. :o

I would've said Mrs Crouch, but that was before i looked Fawcett up on youtube and watched her interview on the Late Show.  She looked like a skittish, underfed deer which somehow sniffed a copious amount of cocaine and then found itself on stage with Letterman.  Poor thing.  :'(   

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
But oh my ... that's the most horrific hair and makeup I've seen since Tammy Faye.

Really! What up with the hair?

That's not a woman it's Danny La Rue

"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
Danny's prettier.

Offline The Wannabe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
Am I the only one disturbed by all the focus on horrid hairstyles in a thread about the treatment of a rape victim?

Maybe there's some kind of correlation between horrid hairstyles and discombobulated moral compasses.  Are there any resident forum psychiatrist who can shed some light on this?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
Am I the only one disturbed by all the focus on horrid hairstyles in a thread about the treatment of a rape victim?

I hear you, Azdgari.  Perhaps we should get the Mods to split this into two threads.  Unfortunately, since this is breaking news with very little details to sink one's teeth into, there isn't a lot to discuss yet in the OP.

As for the hair derail (of which I am one of the guilty parties, and probably now in the bad books of ferret lovers as well), it feels very much like "I laugh because I must not cry.  That is all.  That is all." (Abraham Lincoln)
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »

You guys just don't get it.  You see, when she looks in the mirror, she sees Farrah Fawcett.

Farrah Fawcett after she been dead 10 years more like.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".