Author Topic: The Centre For Unintelligent Design [#2609]  (Read 1794 times)

Offline naemhni

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
The Centre For Unintelligent Design [#2609]
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »
Hoping this website might appeal to both you and your website’s regular visitors:

http://centreforunintelligentdesign.yolasite.com/

Very best wishes,

[name redacted]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1058/-26
  • WWGHA Member
Re: The Centre For Unintelligent Design [#2609]
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
It might be because I'm tired, but I actually laughed upon seeing the title.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »
Yeah, unintelligent design indeed.

I mean, what up with my balls having to be outside of my body, dangling in an ugly sack that looks like hairy elbow skin? If I'm going to have my delicate reproductive organs in a sack outside of my body they should at least by surrounded by a bony cage for added protection, if not for aesthetic appeal.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:02:54 AM »

I mean, what up with my balls having to be outside of my body, dangling in an ugly sack that looks like hairy elbow skin? If I'm going to have my delicate reproductive organs in a sack outside of my body they should at least by surrounded by a bony cage for added protection, if not for aesthetic appeal.
Oh come on, now! Obviously the Great Designer fortuitously left a need that could be filled by an entrepreneurial spirit inventing the athletic supporter. And, if the family jewels had been encased in a protective cage, how could wifey have gotten to play with those delightful baubles?
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
Reptiles and fish such as sharks have the good sense to have both sexes have a vulva.  That is the male organs tuck themselves away behind folds.

About 20 years ago some guy's pet, Gwendolyn, got out.  His pet alligator.  She was captured and her mouth was wired shut.  I saw the clip on TV of the man suffering that Gwendolyn was bleeding and "You can see she's scared!  I can't watch this," and he cried.

He did not keep his pet in a cage.  She lived in the house and sometimes slept in bed with him.

The governor of Florida was a cracker, Lawton Chiles.  He got a special law passed making an exception for Gwendolyn and she was returned. 

But the biologists had to tell him that Gwendolyn was really a guy. 

In The City and the Stars (1956) Arthur C. Clarke wrote of Earth a billion years in the future.  The sun heating up has dried the seas and the remnant of the human race is content to live in one surviving enclosed city with self repairing mechanisms.  The people are not born but manufactured as necessary, with minds derived from older people who died.  They have technological reincarnation.  Alvin, the hero, is the first individual made from scratch in millions of years.  The humans have created a society recognizably human and for that they need 2 sexes because we can't have a human culture without romance and sex.  But like reptiles the males have sex organs hidden away until they are needed for making whoopie.

The story is his rewrite of his own Against the Fall of Night (1948).

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:07:06 AM by Historicity »

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1058/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »
Actually, I suspect that the reason the testes are outside the body in sexually mature male humans and most male mammals is an evolutionary trade-off; less protection, but it helps keep the temperature of the testes more equalized considering the heat that mammals put out.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
^^ Makes sense when you have a blind unguided process (i.e. evolution) driving the changes. Doesn't make sense when you put a supposedly intelligent designer at the wheel.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +266/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
^^ Makes sense when you have a blind unguided process (i.e. evolution) driving the changes. Doesn't make sense when you put a supposedly intelligent designer at the wheel.

Were it intelligently designed, sperm would be less temperature sensitive. The spine would be correctly curved for standing upright, the ribcage would consist of overlapping plates, female pelvises would be wider, fat people wouldn't get hungry until they were no longer fat, and sex drive would correspond directly to calories consumed.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

Hairy elbow skin? That's the funniest and most unique description of the ballsack I've heard in a minute.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +427/-5
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

Yes, but it does feel good, when you put them on a table, and bang them with a hammer.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-9
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:32:31 AM »
this tattoo for  The Centre's logo
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise