I challenge a group spokesperson to a formal debate. Since Hatter23's sniping is the reason for this, I would prefer it be him. If not, then whoever wishes to step to the plate. I don't want to deal with whipsawing I've been getting so I am specific in the term spokesperson. I will not be reading the commentary thread.
As the topic says: Belief in authority is a religion.
To prove this assertion, I need only expose that the belief continues to exist after authority is shown to be non-existent (Illegitimate authority is not authority).
The following points will be introduced to the formal debate by myself, one at a time.
101. Admit or Deny that you were not born my king, my superior, nor my sovereign, you were not born with a higher rank than I.
102. Admit or Deny that therefore, you DO NOT have authority to command me by your mere birth.
103. Admit or Deny that if this is true for you, it is true for every other human being born on the planet.
104. Admit or Deny that if no one has a rank higher than mine, then no one has authority to command me.
108. Admit or Deny that if no one has authority to command me, then no one has the authority to choose someone to have authority to command me.
109. Admit or Deny thus it does not matter how many people vote to give a politician authority, if they do not have the authority to command me, they do not have the authority to give that politician the authority to command me.
110. Admit or Deny that therefore if you elect a politician, that does not give the politician the authority to command me.
111. Admit or Deny that if the politician does not have authority to command me, then it matters not if I am standing within the boundaries of any territory the politician believes is his to control.