Karma reasons for concrete message

median

• Darwins +299/-16

Do you have a "College of Miracles" at the "University of the Supernatural or Paranormal" where anyone, of any faith or worldview, can test your claims? You don't, do you? So don't pretend that these methods are the same when they are nowhere near the same.
I will let the insults slide as it goes towards proving that indeed your counter arguments fail by themselves.
There is a field of study called [wiki]theology[/wiki]. Ever heard of it? If so, how can you claim that "there are no "College of Miracles" at the "University of the Supernatural or Paranormal" where anyone, of any faith or worldview, can test your claims." Many schools like this one propose degrees in [wiki]theology[/wiki].

You just tried to change the subject again. We are not talking about the study of religious doctrines (as written in religious texts which claim the miraculous). We are talking about whether or not you can actually DEMONSTRATE that a particular phenomena is/was a "miracle from God". If you think theology is "the study of God" as opposed to "the study of religious doctrines" then you are assuming the very thing you need to prove (i.e. - that there is such a thing as "God") and thus you are being irrational again b/c you are using the fallacy of begging the question. Remember what the OP is about? In essence, we are asking to you to demonstrate that a "God" did something. This would require the following, in this order:

1. Define the term "God" in a logically coherent fashion (i.e. - in positive, not negative terms)
2. Demonstrate that such an alleged being is actually real outside the brain (without assuming it)
3. Define "miracle" in a coherent fashion (i.e. - in such a fashion that does not use the argument from ignorance fallacy)
4. Demonstrate that this alleged "God" actually caused a miracle (again without appealing to an argument from ignorance/incredulity fallacy)

Thus far you have continually presented a viciously circular argument (which is logically fallacious). You have attempted to assume that your God exists (and can do miracles) in order to then ASSERT that it did a "miracle" when a sick person got better after medical practitioners could not explain why. This is (again) also an argument from ignorance because when there is no reasonable explanation for how or why a specific phenomena occurred the answer is "I don't know what happened" not "God did it" because that exemplifies the very definition of the argument from ignorance/incredulity fallacy.

Again, "theology" has nothing to do with my example of a "College of Miracles" b/c in theology it is ASSUMED that the deity is real, and it cannot be independently verified or checked out by disinterested or disagreeing parties. Conversely, science CAN be independently verified by disinterested parties. That is the difference you need to deal with in this false analogy you keep trying to draw.

P.s. - Do not bring up the Higgs Boson again until you have actually studied the science and can sufficiently demonstrate that you understand the scientific reasoning behind it.
Changed Change Reason Date
nogodsforme Yes. July 17, 2014, 02:36:43 PM