« Last post by DVZ3 on Today at 01:08:26 AM »
I get it.
Let me just confirm it with you.
This is how to make a smart argument to prove how smart you are and how dumb the other guy is:QuoteSo it's weird to witness these people like you
Assumptions: Equating people whom you don’t know with people whom you don’t know based on no evidence whatsoever of at least one of those groupsQuotewith your life's experiences you've +1'd
Assumptions: Presume certain actions based on implicit motivations that are not proven.Quoteyour made up god
Assumptions: There is a god, and it is made up.Quoteyou've been passed down by your family/geography (statiscally)
Assumptions: It is ok to add 'statiscally' (sic) if you recognise you are making an assumption because it sounds more scientific. It will definitely fool the C students.Quoteto participate in this forum for most who were like you or never were
Assumptions: Play it safe by covering all possibilities; include those who are and those who aren’tQuotebut just knows how the game works;Assumptions: It is reasonable to ‘just know’ when I am saying it, but no one else might claim the same privilege – because I KNOW. Ah yeah, and it is a game.Quoteor is rigged and marketed to us dumb humans.
Assumptions: Whether I understand it or not, if it looks like a game it must be a game. And statiscally speaking, if there is a minority of people who think it is a marketing gimmick then it MUST be true. Because ‘A+ students.
Or maybe it is smart thinking to judge the validity of a religion by the action of the smartest people you could possibly get together (sports people) because that is easier than asking theologians.
Since I have the median pole firmly up my arse, why don’t you enlighten me about the superiority of your position?
Please explain to me:
* Atheists claim that they are above ‘superstition’, even though research suggests otherwise. (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10508619.2013.771991) In fact, I am reading between the lines, but it might even give you a hard-on?
* When people discover there is no Santa, they don’t turn into a-Santas, and nobody feels compelled to save the children from this abomination and lie, to celebrate an event that is a stupid marketing gimmick. Yet here you are, evangelising in the name of reclaiming society from the warped god-botherers? (Thomas Nagel, (philosopher and atheist), says he simply doesn’t?want?there to be any such person as God. He is honest, what about you?)
* How come it is OK to say that we don’t have a free will, but you chose atheism?
* And if the evolutionary process determined that result for you, it also did the opposite for me; why does it bother you and how am I supposed to change it?
* How come it is the smart thing to do when you are confronted with a question; to say that the question does not exist? That is what I was told when I asked WHY?
* Elucidate for me why the shelves at the bookstores are packed with new-age and self-help literature? What kind of ‘meaning’ are these people looking for and why do they think they are going to get it if it does not exist? It looks awfully that this search for meaning is universal? Yet the only ‘meaning’ there is ‘surviving’, right?
* What actually caused the Universe then?
* Why do you think it is smart to call other people dumb?
Because you don't know how to solve any of today's worlds problems without inventing god. Problems don't get solved by inventing shit up, dennis. Let's let the adults who doubt god caused the universe try and solve it. you're like a child but I know you're an adult! Children can learn new ideas
You never ask the question of what's more likely!? dennis, with the information about our universe that we know today, your god doesn't exist. Sorry. Oh, sorry for calling you dumb too. You're not dumb, your just being taken advantage of by others that probably love you but don't know any better either; have you ever set up dominos standing up next to each other so that when you tip the first one over it knocks down the next one, and so on and so forth.
I don't expect you to change you're thinking, you're a big boy now! I was brought up in church and had to break the news as a teenager that I didn't believe in the god my mom did. Call me a 0.1% and proud to be. I know which way our reality and science is trending and it's certainly not the Christian god. She prays for me today still and won't even visit this forum because well, we're an evil cult etc...
Your same personalities were weird to me as a child and they are even weirder today as an adult having met and talked with so many of you in real life at church. Domino... I mean dennis, ever been in a revolving door where the same people and ideas don't ever do anything but go round and round?
dennis, you presume and make assumptions that I have no or minimal experience with personalities like you. I know your hand and you people always think you're holding pocket afterlife aces. Myself and others called your hand and have never had anything to show.
Why do you feel so proud to be part of a group of people who's Vegas odds are so very poor and predictable?