Karma reasons for concrete message

median

• Darwins +201/-16

I wasn't asking you. I've found asking you questions to be a frustrating exercise.

Only b/c you assumed that if I didn't answer a question in the way you wanted me to, then the answer wasn't valid.

Humour me. Link to the section of your post(s) that you think has answered my questions. Lets throw it open for other to decide.

Wow, we're still on this? I answered in Socratic fashion (which btw had a double purpose). I asked if you take the passages regarding the resurrection of Jesus, Yahweh creating man instantaneously out of nothing, water into wine, the virgin birth, the 'miracles' in the book of Acts etc etc as 'literal' in order to 1) find out what exactly you mean when you use the term (which never happened) and 2) if you're answer was yes, then to answer the question via your own answer.

Jesus specifically commands his followers (not just the ones back then) to do miracles. But of course when some Christians don't see the miraculous happening today they spin the text, instead of admitting these holy book claims are just false. They (like I anticipate you will attempt) can see that, "No Modern Events Have the Characteristics of Bible Miracles." And say the reason (really a rationalization) is, "Spiritual Gifts Are No Longer Needed, Because They Have Fulfilled Their Purpose."

HA! What a perfect way to build into your belief system an immunity from evidence (while trying to 'concoct the context' - make up your own version of Christianity as you go, which is basically what happened back then). Mark 16 clearly commands that believers WILL do the miraculous. He allegedly said, "And these signs will accompany those who believe..." Now, if you'd like to point to passages that contradict this (some have tried 1 Cor 13) great! The bible contradicts itself (throughout). It is only those who ASSUME the bible is "God breathed" who are attempting to STILL give it a pass. But that is hypocrisy b/c you would NOT give a pass to other religions when they try the same trick.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."- Gospel of John 14:12-13 NIV

If anyone can be found to be 'context dropping' is would be you apologists who can see deep down that your theology is bunk and that this stuff just doesn't hold water. Yet, you've made such a heavy investment in your socialized worldview that it would be socially suicidal to give it up and walk away - thus causing you to spin, rationalize, context drop, pick n choose, practice confirmation bias, and hold a double standard instead of being honest.

Why would anyone think the bible (or any other holy book) is divine, or "from God"?? Who gave you this idea and why did you buy it?

http://www.gospelway.com/god/miracles_duration.php
Changed Change Reason Date
magicmiles continued dodging of two simple questions. April 15, 2013, 11:48:36 PM