Karma reasons for concrete message

median

• Darwins +158/-14

Healing is built into out bodies by God so, how it is activated isn't really the issue.

The question, I think is funny is this, why ask God to heal when Jesus told believers to heal?

Mat_10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

As a matter of fact, for those of you like research, you can't find a SINGLE instance in the New Testament (I know you don't read it, but you can Google it) where ANY New Testament believers are directed to ASK GOD to heal anyone.  gasp. shock.  The central question of this website comes from a fallacy, that most Christians, unfortunately, believe and agnostics / atheists seize upon, God does NOT initiate healing, WE DO.  I could get into the silliness of Calvinism, but much of what I read here is your opposition to Calvinism, not any actual true Christian doctrine. Jesus was the SON OF MAN, so he was a man (If you care to acknowledge his existence).  But as a man, he NEVER prayed and ask GOD to heal anyone HE (Jesus) healed them as a man knowing how to use the power he was given.  And, to lay this to rest, he did heal the maimed (missing body parts, amputees, or whatever you want to call them)

Mat_15:30  And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:

I can expound much further on this, if you like, but the concept of asking God to heal isn't scriptural, nor is it Christian, WE are to heal. If you are following my logic, I would be glad to explain healing, faith healing, etc, but I find this supposedly impossible question a lesson in ignorance.  Why? It isn't scriptural nor Christian, to pray and ASK God to heal, you can't find any examples of it in the New Testament.  Healing lies on shoulders of the believer, not God. Case in point, when Jesus walked this earth, on over dozen occasions HE HEALED THEM ALL, not God.  I am not arguing against his deity, but for a very specific reason, Jesus (God) came as a MAN using the power of God inherent in men

So, to sum up my points.

Atheist: Well, let's pray and ask God to heal this amputee
Christian: Why don't we heal him, that's what Jesus told us to do, not just pray for him.
Atheist:  You don't want to pray for God to heal this amputee?
Christian: No, there is need to pray for God to heal, let's use the power God put in us to heal this amputee
Atheist: blah, blah, blah
Christian: Yada,Yada, Yada, Yada

I don't know, I thought the above discourse sounded funny in my head, but you get the point. Once again, the mechanics of HOW to get him (the amputee) healed via the supernatural power of God that rests in us is up for debate, but you truly misunderstand why GOD became a man in the first place.  You simply don't understand Christianity at the core. If God had permission to do everything he wanted to do in the first place, why go through the trouble of becoming a man? You simply don't know God, nor do you know who is really in charge of this earth.

Psa 115:16  The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

What an absolutely perfect (perfectly absurd!) way to make your religion (and your theology) immune from all criticism, refutation, and falsification! What you have demonstrated here is exactly what nearly all professing Christians (especially you apologists) try to do - that is...SPIN and rationalize the lack of "greater works" you are supposed to be doing. Please open your bible and read Mark 16, John 14, and 1 Cor 2 (among others). Jesus clearly (supposedly) stated that IF you are his follower then you WILL do greater works than he supposedly did. Where is your moved mountain? Actually, screw the mountain. Where is your moved continent!? Where is your cleared out hospital? And in the spirit of this forum...Where is your healed amputee!

Your rant above sounds like you started reading William Lane Craig and bought it hook, line, and sinker. "Well guys, if I can't do a miracle then it's not God's fault. It's mine." WOW. The astrologists, Hindu Yogi healers, alien abduction proclaimers, and new age mystics try this same kind of goal post shifting. It doesn't work for them and it doesn't work for you. I would ask you to actually be honest about why you believe what you do, but that might be asking too much, as it would likely require you to give up such absurdities.

Mark 16 -  16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.

John 14:12 - I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

I Corinthians 2 - 1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.a 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

Second, your assertion that it is not God who does the healing, but you (the believer), is yet another pathetic attempt at obfuscation.

Psalm 103:2-3 says, “Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

John 14 - 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus "healed them" but "not God"? According to your own book (which violently contradicts you AND itself) Jesus IS God. So Yahweh God came down in human form and healed them (supposedly), AND he said HE would be doing the healing! I'm sorry, but this attempt to avoid the simple fact that your belief system is in conflict, and unjustified, just doesn't work.   

Lastly, regarding Calvanism...HA! I will let you debate Matt Slick over that one. You're bible is clearly self-contradictory when it comes to that subject. No, we are not battling Calvanism. We are battling your false dogmas and theologies.
Changed Change Reason Date