Karma reasons for concrete message

LoriPinkAngel

• Darwins +127/-6

That has been the hardest part.  I love food,

You don't have to give up all the foods you love.  The key is moderation.  Control your portion sizes.  No seconds. Drink a lot of water with your meal so you will feel fuller. Eat slowly and pay attention to the flavors and textures of your food and you will be more satisfied. Learn to recognize when you are full and stop eating when you start to feel that way. Go as natural as possible.  Use the divided plate plan.  One half veggies and greens, one quarter protein, one quarter starch.  Desserts are not prohibited, they should just be small portions and only eaten if you are not full.  Fat free foods are hokum.  The process used to remove the fats is dubious and they add a bunch of artificial sweeteners to enhance the flavors.  Eat fruits as snacks.  Pick whole grain breads.  You may want to avoid soy.  Ask your doctors opinion.  There are conflicting opinions in the medical community on whether consumption of soy products increases the risk of recurrence/occurrence of estrogen fed cancers which would include breast cancer. I might have a little soy sauce here and there but I shy away from the rest of the soy stuff.

I don't like to exercise.  I get some splitting and moving wood for the fire.  Playing with the baby is also some exercise for me. 

Exercise does not have to be going to a gym or a class or following some rigid regimen.  You just need to move Get your heart pumping.  Splitting and moving wood is perfect.  Playing with the baby or pets is good.  Vigorous dancing works.  Taking walks at a decent pace.  Anything that increases your heart rate moderately for 15-20 minutes at a time to start.  The more you enjoy something the more likely you will stick with it.

I think part of the reason a lot of people do not stick with diet or exercise programs is because they are told they have to drastically change their lives.  I don't prefer that tactic.  I prefer to help people modify what they already do into something more healthy.
Changed Change Reason Date
wright Practical, sensible advice from a professional December 22, 2013, 04:44:27 PM