Karma reasons for concrete message

Jstwebbrowsing

• Darwins +28/-109

I like it better that my motivation for being a good person is internal, and not from outer space, or wherever you think your god lives. Unlike last weeks grandma, I can't kill my grandkids and tell people that god told me to do it. They'd know I as lying. Knowing that I can't make up excuses helps me be a better person.

Note that we get christians here who ask us why we aren't out killing and raping since we have no morals. Really. We do. I'm hoping you'll tell me that you're not one of those.

Faith in Jesus also allows Pat Robertson and others to blame every frickin' natural disaster on gays. Where is the 1. Reconciliation, 2. Counsel, 3. Wisdom, 5. Faith, 8. Grace, 12. Freedom, 15. Love, 16. Patience, 17. Peace, 18. Kindness and 19. Gentleness in that?

A wisdom challenged person wants to know.

And note that people of other religions are also capable of those things. Is this a case where all gods are equally effective? 

I'm still hoping you'll respond to at least some of the four questions you eked out of my first post.

I'm not going to try to answer for muchlove but I would like to interject if I may.  You mention that you do good things for internal reasons and not because God commands it.  I think this is what the entire NT is trying to teach.  To me it's message is that the good we do should come from the heart and not because of obeciance to ordinances.  I think a Christian, or anyone else, should help the elderly because they have genuine concern for them.  If you have genuine concern for them then you don't need an ordinace.  You are a law to yourself.  I think this is what the entire NT is trying to teach. 

Faith in Jesus also allows Pat Robertson and others to blame every frickin' natural disaster on gays. Where is the 1. Reconciliation, 2. Counsel, 3. Wisdom, 5. Faith, 8. Grace, 12. Freedom, 15. Love, 16. Patience, 17. Peace, 18. Kindness and 19. Gentleness in that?

I don't really know much about Pat Robertson so I cannot specifically speak about him.  But I do know that some people give Christianity an unwarranted bad name, at least ib my opinion.  The Bible itself warns over and over that false teachers would arise and lead some of the flock astray.  The Bible even goes to far as to say, "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Cor 11:13-15)

So I am curious.  As an atheist, do you ever consider the possibility that some Christians may only be false apostles? 
Changed Change Reason Date
ParkingPlaces Shhh, I'm trying to encourage Jst to post pleasantly :-) March 08, 2013, 10:44:17 PM