Karma reasons for concrete message

Nam

• Darwins +640/-134

No, I am speaking of these Christians:

I've heard many times by Christians that it doesn't change the meaning.
-- as stated in the OP.  Now, since I am speaking about those I've come across, that does not encompass all Christians, since I haven't met them all.

Matthew: 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me[1] before men, him will I also deny before my Father[2] which is in heaven.
 1. Jesus
 2. Biblegod

So, deny Jesus he in return will deny you to Biblegod , who is in Heaven, thus you don't go to Heaven and the only other place to go to would be Hell, no?

And going with 35-36 makes it even more clearer in that those in the household who do not deny Jesus will be against those who do (and presumably each other since the "division" would not exclude such a premise--which wraps nicely with Luke 14:26).

Luke 14:26 (ERV)
If you come to me and will not leave your family, you can not be my follower. You must love more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters-even more than your own life!

Is quite different than the KJV which states you must "hate" them all. Loving less is not the same as hating. If you think they are the same, you're delusional.

They all link to each other. One states violence, the other is a watered-down version of that, taking away the violence.

Changing the meaning.

-Nam
Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape nice bit of scriptural reference October 21, 2013, 10:09:46 AM