Karma reasons for concrete message

GodlessHeathen

• Darwins +9/-1

I don't agree with Jehovah's Witnesses and as a already said, I did not say the world WILL END in my lifetime, I said I BELIEVE it will. I think (meaning I have no proof other then the fact that Jesus said when you see all these things know that the time is near). I see alot of stuff and I think it is near. If the world does not end in my lifetime, so be it. I'm fully prepared to die.

Did he not also say to his living disciples during his own generation, "this generation shall not pass away until all these things be fulfilled", at least according to the gospels?

Definition of THIS:
1 a : being the person, thing, or idea that is present or near in place, time, or thought or that has just been mentioned <this book is mine> <early this morning>
b : constituting the immediately following part of the present discourse
c : constituting the immediate past or future <friends all these years>
d : being one not previously mentioned —used especially in narrative to give a sense of immediacy or vividness <then this guy runs in> <had this urge to go shopping>
2: being the nearer at hand or more immediately under observation or discussion <this car or that one>
Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/this

Maybe you are referring to Matthew 16:19 which Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." They did die but they DID see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom just as Jesus said they would. There are two fulfillments of that. The first would be that John in Revelation was there when Jesus said that and he saw in the visions God gave him the Son of Man (Jesus) coming in his kingdom. Second fulfillment is What immediately followed this verse, the transfiguration. And you cannot say that they believed Jesus would come in their day because Paul in his various letters admonishes the church to not look for Christ in their day for it was not going to happen until later. Also one of the Reformers during the reformation said also that it would not happen in his day.

I think perhaps you mean Matthew 16:28? You do realize that this is not the only place where someone is promised to see Jesus "coming in his kingdom"? Apparently the same was promised to the unbeliever, Caiaphas the high priest (Matthew 26:64, Mark 14:62).

Also, do you realize that, contextually, Matthew 16:28 is referring to an actual return of Christ, not a vision of it. Verse 27: "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

Revelation 1:7: "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."
How will "they also which pierced him" see him? Last I heard, they are long since dead. I find a resurrection of the "wicked" toward the end of Revelation, only after (not during) the return of the King of Kings and when God sits down on the white throne judgement seat.

And what of 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18:
 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
If an immediate fulfillment was not expected, how much comfort could this really be expected to bring to anyone?
Changed Change Reason Date
Truth OT well done March 07, 2012, 10:29:32 AM