Karma reasons for concrete message

Quesi

• Darwins +371/-4

Without the belief in a God or in a Diety, people wont be the same. Everything would probably be in chaos. I myself would have killed so many people who were gravely at fault with me, if i didnt believe that there is unbearable punishment waiting for me if i do that besides imprisonment, prison is bearable. How Come? Coz there would be no difference between good and bad, one would be doing only acts of self preservation. There wont be any morals, like not doing to your kid what you do to your wife at night.

Wow.  I have to say I'm really shocked by your words.

I was raised by secular parents who taught me that ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS.  They taught me empathy.  They taught me to always consider the consequences of my actions.  They taught me to put myself in the place of others, and to speak out when I saw injustice.

They taught me this because they did not believe that there was a shiny afterlife awaiting the suffering masses.  They taught me this because they believed that for every living thing, this one life on earth is all that we have.  This one, precious life, is as precious to you as it is to me. 

I don't fear punishment by some magical deity.  I don't try to impress some magical deity by good deeds.  I strive to be a good person, to help others, to improve the quality of life for others, because I believe that every human being has the right to access basic needs, such as food, shelter, clean water, literacy, and even joy. 

You walk around fighting the urge to murder those who piss you off, and fighting the urge to rape children, because you fear hell?  And if you slip?  Then can you just be really sorry, (buy into that "we are all sinners" bs) and get into your imaginary heaven anyway? 

You sir, and your ilk, terrify me.  And I think that you have, unwittingly, given the best argument I have ever seen, for raising children in healthy, secular homes. 
Changed Change Reason Date
bertatberts Wholeheartedly agree. June 22, 2013, 07:57:12 AM