Karma reasons for concrete message

Quesi

• Darwins +371/-4

I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again.

If you break an egg open to make an omelet, and you find a little red spec in the egg, meaning the egg was fertilized, do you change the menu to chicken?

No.  It is not a chicken.  It is a fertilized egg. 

If a woman has a fertilized egg in her body, it is not a human being.  It is a fertilized egg.  As time goes on, that fertilized egg starts to develop the characteristics of a human being. And I have serious problems with late-term abortions.  I've seen preemies born at 24 weeks, who were real human beings, who, thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, grew up to be normal human beings, indistinguishable from the general population. 

But at 6 weeks?  8?   13?  The fetus is a spec.  A bunch of cells.  A part of a woman's body, that cannot exist outside of that woman's body. 

It is a potential human being.  Every month, my body releases an egg that is a potential human being.  But a lot of things have to happen to reach that potential.  Fertilization is one step in the process.  And then there are many millions of tiny little steps that a woman's body performs before that egg becomes a person.  And each of those steps takes place inside of a woman's body.

A woman's body. 

Changed Change Reason Date
Traveler Tell it sista!!! January 10, 2013, 11:07:40 AM
Truth OT Point made! January 06, 2014, 11:01:13 AM