Karma reasons for concrete message

eartheconomyspirit

• Darwins +2/-15

Okay so here is the deal, the Bible was written long ago in a number of different languages.  I would like to suggest that by the time we have received the Bible it has been translated through many languages and many generations.  To think that it is word for word accurate is silly.  To believe that it has remained generally intact is much more probable and probably more likely.  I don't mean to infer that the text has changed much, just that the wording has.  For example.  The black cat jumped in the pool.  VS  There was this crazy cat, which was black, and it did the stupidest thing I have ever seen.  It jumped into my pool!  While the wording is different the premise is the same.  So if we are really arguing semantics over words we need to find a few Scholars who speak things like 2000 year old Hebrew.(Yes I did steal some of this from an earlier post I wrote)

How this relates to our topic now:  I viewed 10 different translations(there were/are lots more) 3 of them said "For the love of money is the root of all evil" and 7 said "For the love of money is a root of all sorts(kinds) of evil".  The key difference being the word sorts/kinds.  Meaning that the obsession with money usually leads to a dark and sad place, especially for those who yearn for it and don't have it.  Just look at how many wealthy famous people commit suicide.(Not intending to infer anything leaning one way or the other here)  What we have is two sides arguing over semantics.  In my opinion this argument could have been crafted at a much higher level and created decent debate.

If the root of all evil is the love of money, there must have been money in the Garden of Eden, where according to Christians sin was brought into the world.  With that in mind, on what day did God create money?  And if it is the root of all evil I have to scratch my head and ask why he created it in the first place.  Doh.

The root of all evil is this thing called ego. Money is a derivative issue and symbolizes greed. You've still got lust, envy, anger, lies, some priests etc ...   

Changed Change Reason Date
Traveler Ok, even I've gotten tired of the wolf story now. :( August 25, 2013, 02:15:21 AM