Karma reasons for concrete message

Samothec

• Darwins +49/-2

Just to make it utterly clear, Junebug, I didn't do this to avoid your threat, I did it to rub your nose in how wrong you are but I found evidence of the real underlying problem:

I believe in Intelligent Design.  The authors of the bible, though presumably wrong, thought up Intelligent Design before the bible was written, so it is possible to believe in God w/o the bible. 

In my reply to you (#40) I pointed out the issue about ID and Creationism.

In reply to that, in #50 you say:
I thought most atheist knew that it's predated by several other beliefs, as do I.

In #60 I point out that facts about ID and the problems about claiming that ID came before the Bible.

In # 67 you blew me off which prompted my disgusted reply in #77

Here in #91 you apologized but then go on to say:
As far as ID only coming from the bible; you're article does suggest that.  Only it makes more sense to me that ID came before the bible.  Someone had the idea before writing it down.  All the attributes the biblical authors assigned to God is their interpretation.  All that I say is mine.  Our belief in a powerful source of life comes from the mind not a book.  With more knowledge at my disposal my interpretation should be different. 

I'm not a sloppy thinker or writer.  I know my writing skills are not perfect but I'm quite fond of the way I think.  My English classes taught me to capitalize proper names.  I could call my interpretation of this power, The Great Scientist.  I don't believe The Great Scientist willed anything into existence but built it with the elements of the universe and an endless supply of intelligence.  I like "God" better so I'm sticking with that.   

Post #95 is where I again tried to reason with you in spite of feeling like you were ignoring every other word I wrote and replying to the distorted version in your head.

I call the Intelligent Designer God.  When I say that the idea has been around longer than the bible, it is gods I was speaking of.   
I did not call you a liar in response to this because I hadn't gone back over everything. Now that I have, and while I was right, it was not the way I thought I was right. Going back over this material I can see that you are a sloppy thinker/writer and you thought you were communicating your thoughts just fine when you were instead creating confusion. You are vague when you shouldn't be. You use terms in ways most people don't.

Rewriting your words as it seems you want them to be read:
I believe in The Great Scientist.  The authors of the bible, though presumably wrong, thought up something like The Great Scientist before the bible was written, so it is possible to believe in God w/o the bible. 
I thought most atheist knew that the idea of The Great Scientist is predated by several other beliefs, as do I.
Only it makes more sense to me that The Great Scientist came before the bible.  Someone had the idea for The Great Scientist before writing it down.  All the attributes the biblical authors assigned to God is their interpretation.  All that I say is mine.  Our belief in a powerful source of life comes from the mind not a book.
Is this correct? If it is, then please be careful with the pronouns and read more carefully. There is no problem with any of these in the version I have rewritten here. The idea of god(s) does pre-date the Bible.

Design =/= Designer.
Use your own term of "The Great Scientist" or TGS for short.

IMO almost all the drama in this thread would not exist is you were willing to just use a bit more care in how you say things.
Changed Change Reason Date
caveat_imperator good show of evidence that junebug is wrong July 17, 2013, 02:14:45 AM
junebug72 tap dancing, no proof of claim July 15, 2013, 05:56:22 AM