Karma reasons for concrete message

kaziglu bey

• Darwins +121/-1

I read your article. Over and over you state that God ignores the prayers of amputees.

Two things: First of all, God doesn't ignore the prayers of anyone, including amputees. 
Oh please. Jesus says if you ask for something in his name, you will get it. There's no strings attached, no fine print, no "Well maybe the answer you will get is "no"" nonsense, no excuses at all. Therefore, according to Jesus, an amputee who asks for their leg to spontaneously regenerate should have their leg spontaneously regenerate. There is no way around it.  Either Jesus is wrong, a liar, or imaginary. In all of those cases he would be unworthy of worship.
There is no reason for him to single out amputees and say, "No matter what, I'm not going to listen to a single prayer from that person because he or she is an amputee." What a disingenuous statement.
Disingenuous how? The only way that could be disingenuous is if people were constantly regenerating limbs in response to prayer. But that is obviously not the case, hence this website. If people had limbs restored in response to prayer, there would be no need to ask why God doesn't heal amputees. There are zero documented cases of this happening, and please don't say the Miracle of Calanda, it seems like a very obvious hoax.

The second is that God performs miracles all the time,
Uh no, he does not. If God was constantly interfering with the natural order at the behest of his followers, many of whom pray for opposing things (Palestinians praying for the Jews to die while the Jews pray for the Palestinians to die, while the skinheads pray for both of them to die, etc), someone would notice. We have the scientific know how to observe some pretty fantastic phenomena, and I hardly doubt that millions of scientists would miss the fact that the operating principles of the universe are constantly being suspended. Can you please give us an example of one of these many, many miracles God does? Remember, if it is something that could possibly have happened without God, some way, even if the probability is remote that it could happen naturally, it is not a miracle. It may be "statistically miraculous" so to speak, as in very unpredictable, but that doesn't make it a miracle. It must be something that only God could do. You know, like spontaneously regenerate a limb, which of course never happens, which is of course our point to begin with. The things that only  a God could do, never happen.
some of which may include restoration of limbs to amputees. 
Aha! "may include"?  In other words, you don't actually have the confidence to say "Yes, I KNOW my God heals amputees, he does that shit in his sleep, here let me cut my arm off and I'll show you!" Nope, no confidence whatsoever in this so called friend of yours. Restoration of limbs would be something that He would be especially good at, because only He could do it, but He never does.
Maybe not every time but that's for God to decide, 
Maybe not everytime?? How about he never does? Are you getting that yet? You are saying that at least some of the time there ought to be restored missing limbs, but this has never happened. For all of your slithering about the problem, you are still wrong. Plus, you continue to ignore the promise of Jesus that anything you ask for you get it. You're adding fine print to the statements of your supreme ruler. I don't think He would appreciate that at all.
not you or I. 
No one is suggesting that we should be able to decide when this happens. All we are asking is whether or not Jesus was a liar, wrong, or imaginary.
The fact that neither of us may have heard about it is simply anecdotal and doesn't mean that it never happens.
The fact that neither of us may have heard about it Thor smashing a giants skull in is simply anecdotal and doesn't mean that it never happens. See, this sorry excuse for "logic" is just embarrassing, and means one can believe in just about anything. It reminds me of Hermione's outrage at Xenophilius Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Lovegood tells Hermione, regarding whether the Resurrection Stone is real, "Prove that it is not". Hermione says "But that's, I'm sorry, but that's completely ridiculous! How can I possibly prove it doesn't exist? Do you expect me to get a hold of-- of all the pebbles in the world and test them? I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved that it doesn't exist!" So I ask you, do you believe in the Crumple Horned Snorkack? Because the nonsense you are giving us is like trying to talk to Xenophilius Lovegood.

Why God might not restore the limb of an amputee, cause a person with a spinal cord injury to walk again, or make it so that a person doesn't die has nothing to do with God's love or Jesus' promises.
You can't be serious. Ok, well let's see what the reason is according to you. 
It has everything to do with the geography in which we live.
Wow......
The reality is that we live in a fallen world in which Satan reigns. God reigns in Heaven and can reign within situations or circumstances here on earth. But because we live in a fallen world, there are conditions such as disease, cruelty, missing limbs, and the like that simply exist as a consequence of that fallen world.
Wow, you really CAN convince yourself of anything can't you? Well then what about all of these miracles that you insist are happening all of the time? Why is it that God cannot wrest complete reign of the earth back from Satan? Is he really that weak?

Could God change this in a heartbeat? Sure he could. And he will. But the time for that is God's choosing, not ours. That's what makes him God and not us.
What a pethetic copout.This is so sad it's not worth the time to rebut.

To conclude that God ignores the prayers of amputees is ludicrous.
This is a complete non-sequitur based on your post. You gave no evidence at all that God actually restores lost limbs. You asserted at the beginning that God is answering prayers and doing miracles all of the time. Then it's just that these things happen all of the time but we don't hear about them. Then it's due to Satan's reign of Earth, and God doesn't want to fix things just yet. For someone who thinks that it's not left up to us to decide the will of God, you sure seem to think that you know a lot about the will of God.

With warm regards,
Cuz them fires in hell be HOT!
Changed Change Reason Date
Iamrational That was better than watching TV. January 22, 2013, 01:08:52 AM
ParkingPlaces You're getting habit forming... January 21, 2013, 04:13:41 PM
nogodsforme Never means never. January 21, 2013, 03:15:49 PM