Karma reasons for concrete message

theczar

• Darwins +1/-0

I am certainly reading between the lines, and guessing a bit to the true nature of your current standing on God/Christianity, but just thought I'd chime in.

The best advice I can give you is to look at the Bible, God, and Christianity objectively. Try to shed the notion that "God must exist" or "the Bible is true" and approach it as you would any claim or story. For some people (me included) fear will begin to creep in as your near (or consider) the revelation that God does not exist, the Bible is errant in many ways, and we are all alone on this Earth with no special significance. I believe this is one of the main things that hold so many Christians back from really seeking their true feelings.

We can still live meaningful lives without the promise of an afterlife. We can strive to be successful, have a family, and help other people without belief in God. I am happier now than I ever was before (as a Christian) because I don't feel constant conflict between what I want to do and what the Bible says is "right". I feel more compassion for others than I ever have in my life, I feel now that nothing is more important than protecting the rights or happiness of other humans...because I truly believe this life is ALL WE HAVE.

It seems you have a very positive attitude right now, just continue to search. Don't feel like you need to make a decision today, tomorrow, or a year from now. Just don't allow the inner fear of no life after death, no meaning, I'm all alone, and other things to keep you from the truth.

Best of luck in your search friend.
Changed Change Reason Date
Truth OT Your expressed sentiments mirror my own September 19, 2011, 12:39:36 PM