Karma reasons for concrete message

curiousgirl

• Darwins +22/-0

All the Bible-thumping theists on this site need to understand that although the Bible describes God as loving, merciful and just, he is actually rather sadistic and murderous.

“The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.”
Hosea 13:15-16

“Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer…” Isaiah 53:10

“Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:15

“After Nathan had gone home, the LORD struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David, and he became ill.” 2 Samuel 12:15

“Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it.” Malachi 2:3

“If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death.” Deuteronomy 22:20-21

“…the LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them—men, women and children. We left no survivors.” Deuteronomy 2:33-34

“They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.” Joshua 6:21

“Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.” 1 Samuel 15:3

“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.” Exodus 12:12

“So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.” John 2:15

And that is just some of the craziness you can find in the Bible that makes God sound not-so-nice. Sure, we can blame ourselves all we want for God’s wrath, but would you require blood or even death from your child (or an animal he owns) when he does something you don’t approve of? Would you cast your child into fire for rejecting you? Plus, what about the innocent children killed by God in some of those verses? While most of these verses come from the OT, bear in mind that we are talking about the same Bible God in the OT and the NT, so no excuses, theists.
Changed Change Reason Date