Karma reasons for concrete message

Benny

• Darwins +16/-1

OK, maybe that was an exaggeration, but let me explain, in layman's terms, how WWGHA has helped me.

For those of you that don't know me, I am a 13 year old from Long Island, New York.  I had always known that there was something fishy about religion, but I just couldn't put the pieces together.  But, a few months ago, I started asking a lot more questions in Sunday school.  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Can bad people get into heaven if they pray enough?  If so, why should I be a good person, and if not, then what's the point of praying?  God does what he wants, and he has his eternal plan set out, so why pray?  Why doesn't God heal cancer?  But my favorite question of all: If Jesus can see us all, then why doesn't he ever talk to us or sing in church with us or come over to our house to play checkers? (I had an obsessed-with-checkers stage for a while :P)  And the answer would always be the same: Jesus does talk to you, in prayer.  I would ask, but why can't I hear Jesus?  And they said that Jesus will show himself to you.  And I thought, This HAS to be bullshit!  But I didn't say that, and especially not in church.  I was told that God is loves us and would keep us safe, and I trusted that.  One day, I randomly stumbled upon WWGHA.  I started to read.  My conscience told me to stop--my mom told me to stop as well--but it was so addictive, and I kept reading, and reading, and reading...

...and then it hit me.  I thought, This is a lot more plausible than religion.  And so, I became an atheist.

Naturally, my grandma, a devout Christian, and my mom, a devout Grandma-ist, were mortified.  They told me every Christian fallacy in the book at me, in hopes that I would dumb myself down. The good news is that I refused.  The bad news is that it came at a price.  My grandmother forced me to make my confirmation, and I will in about a year now.  But after that, I'm free.

So, that's my story.  Let the hate mail begin.

--Benny :D
Changed Change Reason Date
Bad Pear Thumbs up for young wisdom and courage. September 27, 2011, 06:52:54 PM