Karma reasons for concrete message

jaimehlers

• Darwins +557/-17

I have not once responded to her, and if you keep saying I did, I'm going to smite you for calling me a liar.
If you smite her, that's a response to something she said, thus you are responding to her.  You're not lying, but you are mistaken.  Seriously, think about it.  It's the equivalent if I decided to stop talking to someone, but if they said something I didn't like, I would flip them off.

Let me put it another way for you.  Let's say, for the sake of argument, that she's trying to get your goat with her posts.  You've wisely decided not to reply to her posts, but you smite her when she says something particularly egregious.  What does that tell her?  It tells her that she's still getting to you - because she can see your smites and know that her posts are bothering you somehow, so she has a continued incentive to keep posting similar things, to get a rise out of you.

Do you see what I'm trying to say now?  I'm not trying to call you a liar, I'm trying to help you realize something.
Changed Change Reason Date
Jag counter to Nam's smite, AND +1 for good advice December 11, 2013, 10:09:23 AM
Nam here's me responding to you December 11, 2013, 07:14:26 AM