Karma reasons for concrete message

frank callaway

• Darwins +15/-41

No.  Sorry.  That is not the case.  I am not trying to "stick it to you".  I am trying to help you.  I understand you may feel embarrassed about your error, and attempt to hand-wave it away.  You shouldn't do that, though.  It is important to you to learn the distinction, otherwise you will just make the same error, compounding the problem.

ummmmm, yes, confirmation bias - when people filter out useful facts and opinions that don’t coincide with their preconceived notions... kinda like when xyzzy stated that, just recently... in the past few decades, society has moved away from the notion that women are inherently inferior to men.  and i show her how jesus did in fact treat women equal to men, thus refuting her claim that society has just recently moved away from that notion... but of course xyzzy already knew that, she just filtered it out because it didn't coincide with her preconceived notion...

Since you misused the term "confirmation bias"...

since i did not misuse the term... the rest of your post is irrelevant.  and i'm afraid this will also have a negative impact on your previous posts as well.  if i knew how or had the inclination to give you a -darwin point... i might consider it.
Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape your mouth is writing checks your mouse can't cash August 07, 2014, 08:51:00 AM