Karma reasons for concrete message

ralonx

• Darwins +1/-0

I'm sorry if I devert off of a topic, but it is only to reply to the originally posted question:

This is my first post on this forum as a new member. I am going to open with the fact that I am a Christian and I believe in the total deity of Christ in His entirety. So please understand that having said that, everything I say and read will likely be filtered through that lens, as I would expect everyone else's reading of my post would be filtered through the lens of what they believe. Also, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to email me, my email is posted on my account (presumably) and you are free to do so, I will not "dodge questions" as it was stated, or I will try not to. I just find it easier to post and well thought, intelligent response over email. I know it's the same as posting on a forum, I'm just silly that way.

Now, down to business. Why is it hard for us to answer a direct question. I'll tell you. Here it is.....Because believers are scared, intimidated, human beings like everyone else on the planet. Unfortunately I will be the second to admit that even I know little about God and that I am a pathetic, sorry excuse for a human being. Even Paul said that in 1 Corinthians 2: 3-5

"I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power."

I wouldn't say that it is because we think "Our God is bullcrap" it is just that most people dont know the answer and don't want to screw it up. Fact is there is alot we dont know about God, or maybe I only speak for myself, but the pursuit of faith and knowledge of God is a lifelong journey. The day I believe that I have all the answers is the day that I know nothing.

As for me, I won't dodge a question. I may give the wrong answer, or I may give you an answer that is you don't want to hear. Bottom line is, I'm weak. But I find that okay because God exalts the weak because it is through them that he can show his power. And I know I will get nasty emails relating back to "Then why doesn't God heal amputees if He shows His power through weakness" I will be glad to answer that question via email or another post perhaps, I think this one is getting a bit long though. And I promise I won't redirect to another video done by someone else to show my point.

Keep in mind, on forums like these, you get alot of fanatical, hateful people on both sides of a discussion. I want to press out the point that I do not hate anyone, and anything I say is said out of love, and no it's not because "My God is Love" either. On a side note, that is something often said that is scriptural, but only in the original Greek usage of the work "Agape." The term "love" in the English more refers to a junk-drawer-definition of feelings. Like I love my wife, my dog, my God, and my taco. I really don't mean the same thing for all four. It leaves out the inseparable reality of wrath being a very true and harmonious part of love. Think about it, you can only have wrath if you really love something. If you didn't have wrath when something you loved was abused, well then you never really cared about it. And yes, God does have wrath towards wrong doings and He is just as wrathful as He was in the Old Testament. God's wrath is a building wrath though, and will one day be unleashed in its totality upon the world. The book of Revelation is entirely devoted to it. But that is yet another topic.

As I said, email, please. I would like to help find some answers as best I can.

Thanks
Sorry about the length
And the bunny trails ;)
Changed Change Reason Date
SevenPatch Welcome to the forum! January 08, 2014, 06:33:49 PM