Karma reasons for concrete message

SevenPatch

• Darwins +108/-4

We may have the limitations.  But that is not our fault.

The believer asserts that the infinite CREATED the finite, in every respect.  If the finite cannot "jump the bridge" as a result of the way it was created, then that is the fault of the creator.

It's like giving me potatoes and then complaining if I can't make carrot soup: the failure to acheive the right soup is down to whoever gave me the wrong vegetables.

I think this represents a mistake made by many people, theist and non theist alike, who contemplate God. God is not (or should not be viewed as) a "magical" being who can do anything. If god exists and created beings that had a completely different nature from its own, then those are the terms upon which it must communicate with those creatures.

the word "fault" doesn't apply in this case. The fact that I can't directly instruct my cat that the needle is for its own good isn't the cat's "fault" or mine, it's a consequence of the fact that I and the cat are of different levels of intelligence and have different means of communication.

Not that I don't understand what you're saying, but you didn't create the cat.

If the word "fault" doesn't apply then I assume you don't believe that "God" would find fault in someone not believing any god or gods exist.

How far does the "God" not finding fault go though I wonder?  I would argue that a good "God" who created the universe and everything in the universe would not find fault with any of its creation.  Sure, "God" may not like certain things but if this "God" is good, it would only fault itself for the bad.

To quote Stan Lee "with great power comes great responsibility". 
Changed Change Reason Date
junebug72 love Stan Lee March 17, 2014, 05:51:28 PM