Karma reasons for concrete message

Guybrush Threepwood

• Darwins +1/-12

I think denying faith, claiming supreme knowledge, intellectual superiority is where it gets dangerous when applied to any belief, theistic or atheistic?-

Are you saying that denying faith equates to a claim of supreme knowledge?  :o 

Atheism is not a belief - it's simply an acknowledgement of the logical implications that there is no convincing evidence for the existence of gods.  And the fun part of atheism is analysing the bizarre behaviours and excusiology of theists claiming to be in possession of supreme knowledge  :police:  I don't see how poking fun at theists and shredding their books and beliefs with reason is "dangerous".

In the sense that if one doesn't recognize any element of faith in one's own belief, one is laboring under the misconception that one doesn't have faith, that one's beliefs are based 100% on evidence. I think this is dangerous because, as seen throughout history, this perception of supreme knowledge can be used as justification to ram it down everyone else's throats for their 'own good' whether that belief is atheist or theist .
 Would you not agree?

'Atheism is not a belief - it's simply an acknowledgement of the logical implications that there is no convincing evidence for the existence of gods.
'
By that exact same rationale I could say  'theism is not a belief - it's simply an acknowledgement of the logical implications that there is no convincing evidence for the existence of spontaneous automated universe creating mechanisms'

framing your belief as a 'default' explanation is just a way to avoid having to give evidence for that belief- to put the burden of proof on everyone but yourself.  That's why theists don't take this 'default' stance, because they are willing and able to defend their beliefs on it's own merits, rather than simply poking holes in atheism
Changed Change Reason Date
Samothec not the same rationale & one you propose is crap July 02, 2013, 12:50:49 AM