Karma reasons for concrete message

Greenandwhite

• Darwins +5/-4

3.  If there is a 'cause' of the universe you can call it whatever the heck you want to.  If you don't want to call it a deity, then fine, but I am not sure what else to call something that possesses the qualities of necessary existence, maximal power, maximal knowledge, and personhood - if that isn't God then I don't know what is.

I'm unaware of any other cosmic phenomenon that's demonstrated consciousness/personhood, or knowledge.  Do you?  I mean, humans need brains for those things.  Where is an asteroid's knowledge encoded, and how does it think?  Or a black hole's?  This is your claim, that cosmic phenomena, including the universe itself, have personal characteristics.  Seems like a human bias to me, but maybe there's something else to it.  Share?

Azdgari,
     I was not intending to ascribe personal  characteristics to the universe or to anything possessing the same physical properties as the universe.  I was trying to say that if there is a cause of the universe then it would be separate and distinct from the universe and possess properties that are of a personal rather than physical nature (e.g. properties like intentionality and will). 
Changed Change Reason Date
Azdgari Pointless and transparent backtracking. August 06, 2013, 11:47:28 AM