Karma reasons for concrete message

jtp56

• Darwins +4/-66

So really, it is not as even of a split as you are portraying it to be, OneSteward. Also, consider this situation: A person could conceivably, at any point in their life, become an atheist. So. let's suppose a man lives a good, moral life, attends church, gives to charity, volunteers at the local food bank, never abuses anyone, and is an all around model True Christian. Then, at the age of 95, still going strong, he decides that he doesn't have faith anymore. he chooses atheism. He is struck by a falling 80 foot wide meteor the next day and instantly vaporized. Now, this man only lived one day as an atheist, the rest of the time he was convinced in the existence and benevolence of God. Considering this man's life as a whole, not just what he ended up as, was he really an atheist all along, or a believer for all of his life, minus 1 day? How about the other REAL True Christians: how did THEY not notice that this guy was an atheist all along if, as you allege, he was NEVER REALLY blessed by the Holy Spirit to begin with? By what means does a true believer establish who is another true believer? How is it that so many non-true believers are missed by true believers? How is it that I hoodwinked my family, congregation, priests, and other church officials where I was raised into believing I was the real deal, if ALL ALONG I was really an atheist? If being blessed by the Holy Spirit makes no discernible difference that even a true believer could tell, what is so special about it then?

And, see, this is where it comes down to for me. I know you could claim that the man who became an atheist directly before he died was never a TrueChristian to begin with...So let's just let this perception sit for the moment...

The other side of this coin has the man who followed the exact same pattern in life, but instead dies the day before. As far as he is concerned, he has lived a life of devotion to God. He has believed. He has tried his utmost to remain faithful to everything he understands.

He dies....but had he lived, he might just as easily have begun to ponder questions raised by atheists in his place of business, by friends who had drifted away from the church,  or even just by his own perceptions of the world.

Had his doubts been strong enough to sway him, what of his soul? OK, maybe he wasn't a "true Christian" by your definition. Maybe there was enough doubt left in his mind for him to give in. Would he have still been saved had he died the day, month, or year before those doubts became annoying enough to give in to? Would he be damned after whatever threshold of doubt had been reached had he died a few days later?
If this man is destined to fall short of 'truechristian" ideal, then is he still damned had he died during his period of belief, or does he luck out? Or does everyone who considers themselves saved have to face the possibility tha tthe faith they consider so unshakable is just as susceptible

As usual, you dig deep.  Salvation is on a personal level.  I'm sorry I make it so simple, but, you can come up with the most complicated hypothetical situation imaginable.  Bottom line is: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved".

I've sat beside death beds,  I have found nothing else comforting. 
Changed Change Reason Date
Avatar Of Belial Delusions may be simple, but that doesn't make them right. December 09, 2011, 11:29:00 AM