Karma reasons for concrete message

Bagheera

• Darwins +7/-0

But it is religious news. Maybe not in India, but it is in Pakistan, where last week seven aid workers were killed by the Taliban for distributing polio vaccine. Needless to say, that has brought the immunization program to a grinding halt.

Is it religious news? Or something else?

CIA organised fake vaccination drive to get Osama bin Laden's family DNA

As part of extensive preparations for the raid that killed Bin Laden in May, CIA agents recruited a senior Pakistani doctor to organise the vaccine drive in Abbottabad, even starting the "project" in a poorer part of town to make it look more authentic, according to Pakistani and US officials and local residents.

C.I.A. Vaccine Ruse May Have Harmed the War on Polio
After the ruse by Dr. Shakil Afridi was revealed by a British newspaper a year ago, angry villagers, especially in the lawless tribal areas on the Afghan border, chased off legitimate vaccinators, accusing them of being spies.

Who would have thought that the CIA using polio distributions as an espionage tool leading to an unauthorized military action on foreign soil would result in reprisals against aid workers distributing polio vaccines?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.  :-

Is it worse than painting the Red Cross logo on a plane on its way to a bombing run? Or is it just getting the job done?
Changed Change Reason Date
ParkingPlaces For being the most skeptical of skeptics. He keeps us honest. January 15, 2013, 03:09:13 PM