Karma reasons for concrete message

Add Homonym

• Darwins +223/-4

[46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
[47] Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
[48] And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
[49] The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
[50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Putting this in context:

Jesus forces Judas to betray him, by pushing Satan into him:

[26] Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
[27] And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

He then tells Satan to betray him, and then goes to a place where he knows the police will pick him up. They then find false witness against Jesus,

[59] Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
[60] But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,
[61] And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

They then ask Jesus to confirm or deny what these false witnesses said, and Jesus confirms that what the false witnesses said, was in fact true.

[62] And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
[63] But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
[64] Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
[65] Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy

But he had to leave a pregnant pause, so that he would look noble, while he refused to answer the false charges that were true.

[11] And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.
[12] And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.

It's later revealed, in front of Pilate, that he actually said nothing. So, when the priest ripped his clothes, Jesus failed to clarify that what the priest heard was in his imagination.

Despite the fact that Pilate had half a mind to release Jesus, and his wife says he is innocent, Jesus still says nothing.

[14] And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.

So, Pilate rolls a dice, so that if God has any favor, God will now act. God doesn't.

[22] Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
[23] And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
[24] When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

In Luke's story, Jesus is taken before an enthusiastic Herod, but also gives him the silent treatment.

[8] And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
[9] Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.

In Luke's story, Pilate is prepared to release Jesus, despite any claims, and despite Jesus making no serious defence.

OK, so Jesus then gets crucified. So you now have a god on a cross, who could release himself from the cross at any time, complaining to himself that something has gone wrong with the plan. Was God supposed to get him off the cross? Was there to be a heroic rescue from the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad?

So, what went so wrong with the plan, exactly? If Jesus had been rescued, would anything have been fulfilled?

Changed Change Reason Date