Karma reasons for concrete message

Add Homonym

• Darwins +219/-4

The building blocks of life seem to be coded with information that tells them what to do.  I find that very interesting and it seems like a marker to me.   
I suppose from a purely scientific point of view it enters the realm of subjectivity.  But science poses many hypotheses along the way.   It seems that the God hypothesis is not taken very kindly, starting in the classroom.  So many up and coming scientists have that drilled out of them right from the beginning.   Profs who suggest ID are often not treated very well either.  All this seems very hypocritical in an educational system where open thought and diversity of opinion is supposed to be valued and respected.

I decided to only read Point 1, since there are enough errors in it to write a small book.

The reason why ID cannot be entertained scientifically, is that there is no way to prove that it happens, probably even if it did. If a single scientist had written a paper showing how ID could be detected, then we might have an academic path to follow.

It seems that the God hypothesis is not taken very kindly, starting in the classroom.

There is nothing to teach in the classroom about God doing arbitrary things.

Teacher : What holds up the moon, kiddies?
Kiddies : God?
Teacher : Correct.

Teacher: Why does Sodium Hydroxide react with Hydrogen Chloride, kiddies?
Kiddies : God?
Teacher: God what?
Kiddies: God dod it!
Teacher: That's not very good grammar, kiddies.
Kiddies: I thought God would correct my grammar.
Teacher: God wont correct everything, you know!
Kiddies: You just told us the God did everything, for the last 10 years.
Teacher: There are some things we must learn for ourselves, or God will get mad.
Kiddies: I have faith that God will do everything, and correct everything for me. It's scientific.
Teacher: No, there are some things which God does, and some things which God doesn't do.
Kiddies: How do we tell the difference?
Teacher: There are no set rules, but just believe what you are told, by the pope.
Kiddies: Has he met God?
Teacher: Back to class: What is Sodium Hydroxide, is it a mineral or a vegetable?
Kiddies: Is it a miasma?
Teacher: I gave you two options, you were supposed to pick one.
Kiddies: What is an option? I was channelling God, and he told me it were a miasma.
Teacher: You can't channel God. That is proven because you got the answer wrong.
Kiddies: How do you know?
Teacher: I'm like the pope. I just say arbitrary things, and punish people I don't like.
Kiddies: That doesn't sound fair, teacher.
Teacher: Life isn't fair. Why is this kiddies?
Kiddies: Because morons like you are in charge?

So many up and coming scientists have that drilled out of them right from the beginning.

That's right. So they can do science, rather than blathering on about useless crap.

Profs who suggest ID are often not treated very well either.

That's because they are not suggesting anything, and have no evidence, or framework to produce evidence.

All this seems very hypocritical in an educational system where open thought and diversity of opinion is supposed to be valued and respected.

Try basing your education system on not finding out what causes anything, and see how hypocritical it looks after a century.

Changed Change Reason Date
Angus and Alexis Heheheh..That is gold. January 27, 2014, 12:05:30 AM