OK, maybe that was an exaggeration, but let me explain, in layman's terms, how WWGHA has helped me.
For those of you that don't know me, I am a 13 year old from Long Island, New York. I had always known that there was something fishy about religion, but I just couldn't put the pieces together. But, a few months ago, I started asking a lot more questions in Sunday school. Why do bad things happen to good people? Can bad people get into heaven if they pray enough? If so, why should I be a good person, and if not, then what's the point of praying? God does what he wants, and he has his eternal plan set out, so why pray? Why doesn't God heal cancer? But my favorite question of all: If Jesus can see us all, then why doesn't he ever talk to us or sing in church with us or come over to our house to play checkers? (I had an obsessed-with-checkers stage for a while ) And the answer would always be the same: Jesus does talk to you, in prayer. I would ask, but why can't I hear Jesus? And they said that Jesus will show himself to you. And I thought, This HAS to be bullshit! But I didn't say that, and especially not in church. I was told that God is loves us and would keep us safe, and I trusted that. One day, I randomly stumbled upon WWGHA. I started to read. My conscience told me to stop--my mom told me to stop as well--but it was so addictive, and I kept reading, and reading, and reading...
...and then it hit me. I thought, This is a lot more plausible than religion. And so, I became an atheist.
Naturally, my grandma, a devout Christian, and my mom, a devout Grandma-ist, were mortified. They told me every Christian fallacy in the book at me, in hopes that I would dumb myself down. The good news is that I refused. The bad news is that it came at a price. My grandmother forced me to make my confirmation, and I will in about a year now. But after that, I'm free.
So, that's my story. Let the hate mail begin.
You are only 13 years old so you still have lots of stuff to learn about everything. Here is a list of stuff to help you along:
1. People are idiots, don't trust them (with your money) especially not the Christians!
2. If 'God' exists, he is not the only one that can do bad things - "why do bad things happen to good people?" There are bad people in this world too, 'God' might punish them and send them to hell (even if he is 'all forgiving', and so on.
3. Always ask questions about other people's claims, often ask why they believe what they say and make sure their reasons are understandable at least.
4. Christians apparently worship a 'good' God but you say your grandma forced
you to make your confirmation? What ever happened to free will?
5. You are lucky to have found WWGHA when you did, sounds like you need help, but who in this world doesn't need any help? There is only so much a single person can do.
6. Don't care what other people think, do what makes you happy, not anyone else (capitalism FTW!)
7. God (if he/she/it exists) is an imbecile, or would be. He hides somewhere and wants humanity to believe in him but doesn't even show himself to everyone, why do that?
8. Forget the Bible, it has ridiculous information in it, God lets people be killed, the world is overpopulated but there may be other reasons why he let them die.
9. Think of other people as 'assets' to your work, your life. People deserve to be used, humanity doesn't deserve to even exist so do what you want with them, if you want to be good, be good, if you want to be evil, go for it. People do have their own lives, only if they deserve to have them taken away that should always happen.
And finally 10. Welcome to the WWGHA, there are alot of interesting topics and people here, don't annoy anyone or they will waste your time arguing with you. Best to make peace with people now and if necessary, argue with them about their own claims and maybe even put them against each other! Enjoy yourself here and we shall see what the future holds for this world