Karma reasons for concrete message

EV

• Darwins +52/-1

I challenge you to sit in a bathful of Black Mambas, with no protective clothing on, and pick a few up. I then want you to drink an entire glass of Cyanide.
Are you willing to put your faith to the test, or are you like any other sane person and will not even risk attempting this because you know you will die if you attempt this?
I will not accept your challenge Elliot.
That is clearly testing God.
Sit in a bathful of black mambas, are you crazy? What makes you think God will save me?
Because God said so? No He didn't say that. God said "I will protect you when you carry on my will"
God didn't say "I will make you invincible my son, so you can go do whatever (testing God, acting crazy)"

BTW what accomplishes, if I sat in a bathful of mambas?
Would you believe in God? I don't think so.
You would probably say "Do you have evidence?"

Elliot, if I were you.  I would get down on my knees and start praying.
I have seen so many people experience miracles by praying with sincerity and have their prayers answered. And guess what?
Not only they are healed but they obtained eternal life.

Why are we not allowed to test God? He tests us many times in the New and Old Testaments. You cannot say that it is bad. He explicitly says in Mark

Quote from: Mark 16:17-18
17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents in their hands; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

This is CLEARLY and irrefutably stating that the followers of Christ, that is those that believe in him, shall go out and will indeed show their God to be true by drinking poison, and handling snakes. If you do not do this, then you are not showing the 'signs following those that believe'.

Sit in a bathful of black mambas, are you crazy? What makes you think God will save me?
No, actually you are the crazy one. I am merely suggesting you do what your book says you should be able to do, having been imbibed with the magical power of God. According to your beliefs, by going against this, you are doubting God. That's not a good position for someone so self assured in their beliefs.

I'm going to revert to Bible spouting here.

JOHN 6:5-6 NKJ
5 Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?"
6 But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.

The people are testing Jesus, and he obliges.

JAMES 1:2-3 NKJ
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
James stating that testing your faith is good. To an extent, you're fulfilling this by coming onto this forum, but unless you look upon our arguments with an open mind, you aren't really testing your faith.

Old testament quotes?

GENESIS 22:1-2 NKJ
1 Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham . . . .
2 And He said, "Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering . . . ."
God testing Abraham...

DEUTERONOMY 8:2-3 NKJ
2 "And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
God saying that the 10 COMMANDMENTS THEMSELVES are tests.

2 CHRONICLES 32:31 NKJ
31 . . . God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart.
More testing.....

Please Serpent Killa, how long do I have to go on posting irrelevant scripture to refute your own misinformed points?

Your God tests you every day. If He didn't, your life would be free from difficulty.

Now will you drink that cyanide? Or are you going to refuse because you know deep in your heart that you will die (because God will not save you)?

BTW what accomplishes, if I sat in a bathful of mambas?
Would you believe in God? I don't think so.
You would probably say "Do you have evidence?"

To be perfectly honest, if you sat in a bathful of lethal snakes and drank a lethal amount of poison, after praying to your God to save you, whilst having vital signs monitored by an unbiased scientist, then I'd convert pretty quickly. I'd imagine so would the rest of the Human Race.
Changed Change Reason Date
screwtape good post October 27, 2011, 08:21:30 AM