Karma reasons for concrete message

kcrady

• Darwins +433/-1

It's spiritual warfare.

"Warfare" presupposes that the outcome of battle is in doubt.  Otherwise the weaker side would know it's the weaker side, and use hit-and-fade tactics--or if even that has no chance of success, either surrender or accept death.  Do you think that the outcome of the battle is in doubt?

Pretend for a moment there is A God who wants you to come to Him.

Maybe you can help me out here.  Why would this god want me to come to him?  What does he gain from it?  What can my worshipful obedience provide for him that he can't provide for himself?

There is also an evil who wants nothing more than to stop you from finding God.

Why would this evil want to do this?  What does he gain?

He also happens to be the father of lies.

How do you know this?  From a book produced by your Celestial King's propaganda ministry?  Maybe it's telling the truth, but how do you know?  Aren't you just like somebody reading Pravda and saying, "Well, I guess America must really be an awful hell-hole, and this here Worker's Paradise really is the perfect society!  It says so right here!"

He better have a plan, right?

Sure, but...doesn't "having a plan" kinda presuppose understanding the situation, one's own goals, the available means, etc., and having a reasonable expectation that your plan could succeed?  Let's say you want to build a tower to the Moon, and you've got a bag of marshmallows to do it with.  Isn't it safe to say that you would never actually "have a plan" and try to carry it out?  That you'd realize that building a tower to the moon with a bag of marshmallows isn't within the range of possibility for you, and come up with something better to do with the marshmallows, like maybe eat them?

So how do you think this "evil" you're talking about anticipates that convincing lots of people to believe in Islam or Wicca or whatever can actually help him win?  Keep in mind that (according to your story) he, unlike you, has actually lived in Heaven and spent time in the direct, personal presence of the god he aims to defeat, knowing him face-to-face.  He knows, by direct experience, exactly how powerful Yawheh is.  All you've got is reading about Yahweh in a book.

Would say, for example, Islam not be the perfect lie? To make you think you are good yet all the while not even close to God.

So, the bad guy writes a "holy book" and starts a religion to lead people away from the truth?

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.

--Thomas Paine (emphasis added)

Yup, sounds like a plan!

Satin perverts even religion.

Mmmm, Satin!  It's soooooo sooooft, and shiiiiiny! ;)

you suppose people are innocent yet none are righteous no not one! There are none who are innocent concerning God's law
I never made the all loving claim. God is love to all christians who are his people. To say anything else contradicts Rom9:13 Jacob I have loved but esau have I hated.

Right, so let me get this straight: This satin-bedecked "Father of Lies" fellow is running around, whispering in the ears of billions of people to try to convince them to believe in other religions, because that will keep them from "coming to" Yahweh, and frustrate Yahweh's desire that they do so.  Except that, per Romans 9:13, Yahweh doesn't want those people to "come to" him, and has in fact predestined that they won't before they were ever born.  And the "Father of Lies," having lived cheek to jowl with Yahweh in Heaven for some period of time as his holiest Angel, knows this. 

So why would the "Father of Lies" bother going to all that work?  He'd already know that nothing he did could change the number of Elect and Damned by so much as one, assuming he'd even want to do so for some reason.  He'd already know that if he decided to just lay around on the beach or surf the Orion Nebula, that Yahweh would make up all the false religions for him:

For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

--2 Thessalonians 11-12

So, why?  Why would Yahweh or the Prince of Satiny Shimmer want to play those particular roles in this little drama?  Why would either pretend that the beliefs of human beings actually matter and pretend to be fighting over them?  What's the point?

It fascinates me that this little tale Harbinger presents for us is arguably the most powerful mind-control device ever invented by the human species, has raised both armies and cathedrals over a course of millennia...yet it falls apart even as a story, as soon as you look at it with the teeniest bit of critical scrutiny.
Changed Change Reason Date