Karma reasons for concrete message

Aceluffy

• Darwins +6/-0

So you are claiming your religious relatives believe they have all the answers snd that none of them has any deep knowledge of science, history, etc, etc?

Yes, that's what I said. I'm sure I know my families and relatives much better than anyone else, since I spend so much time in my youth with them. None of them encouraged me to pursue further knowledges beyond their religious belief. They kept telling me how this world started and what will happen when we die. All of them only contributed in my basic educations, that's all.

All my schools are Christian schools, starting from kindergarden all the way though college. Christianity WAS the only truth known to me in my youth, everything else is false. My parents and relatives confirmed all those when I asked them. So in that kind of environment, I have no motivation to learn anything more beyond practical skills and knowledge to earn a living. If this isn't indoctrination, I don't know what is.

I'm not 100% sure if any of my families and relatives have more knowlede than me regarding science, history, etc. But I do know one thing for sure, ALL their answers are always so heavilly influenced by Christianity. Whenever they can't answer my questions, they always resorted to " Human can plan but it's God who decides " or " It will happen if it's God's will/plan " or something else along those lines of thinking.
So, yes Ricky. I can say that I have more technical knowledge regarding science and history than them because my mom/dad don't even know how or when Christianity started or that Christianity have more than 33.000 different denominations and still counting.

My cousins don't even know the meaning of "Jehovah", so there, even among their own religious knowledge, they're ignorant or maybe don't even care to pursue more knowledge, just BELIEVE.

I'm sure you have a point when asking me this. So, what's your point ?

Changed Change Reason Date
rickymooston Good answer. August 12, 2012, 08:32:46 AM