Karma reasons for concrete message

Boots

• Darwins +100/-0

The point here is that once my son was grown and I had given him the tools necessary to survive on his own I expect him to do so.  I don't believe the first humans were infants incapable of self care.

If the being was incomprehensible then it would not have ever been comprehended.  I don't know that God is a being.  Maybe God is energy, IDK.

Energy is the source of life; to my knowledge.

You may not have experienced the comfort that belief can give but I have many times.  I could have been designed to self medicate or something helped, IDK.  I don't think I'd be alive today without that comfort.

Mostly I turned to God because my friends, loved ones, and society let me down.  W/o belief in God I would have nothing to calm the troubled waters of my soul Boots.

Joy,

JB

I think Wheels reiterated my point better than I did--that you're giving a god the credit, when the credit really belongs to you. *shrug*

you have my sympathies that your support network was not what it should have been.

for the record, I have, in fact, experienced the comfort of belief (mainly during the time I watched my mother die of cancer).  I have since learned that that belief was ill-placed and unnecessary, as I did not require it to comfort me when my brother took his own life.  I believe in myself, and in my children, and my wife.  Our love and strength of spirit is enough to see us through.  (no gods required)
Changed Change Reason Date
junebug72 words can not describe March 04, 2014, 01:30:21 PM