Karma reasons for concrete message

jdawg70

• Darwins +407/-8

you are suffering from what we call "Doctor Frog's philosophy." There was once a frog who had lived all his life in a well. One day a friend visited him and informed him of the existence of the forest moon of Endor.
   "Oh, what is this forest moon of Endor?" asked the frog in the well.
   "It is a vast rocky body full of trees that circles another planet," his friend replied.
   "How vast? ls it double the size of this well?"
   "Oh, no, much larger," his friend replied.
   "How much larger? Ten times the size?"
   "Oh much larger!  And remember, it's full of trees!"
   "How do you actually know any of this?"
   "It is unknowable.  It is incomprehensible.  Our minds and how we perceive the world is so limited."
   "So, in essence, what you're saying is, you are making sh*t up about this thing that you, by your admission, cannot possibly understand, and you want me to believe you?"
   "You're so blind.  You rascal.  You think you know the absolute TruthTM, and are made a fool by thinking so."
   "k so I'm not the one selling absolute TruthTM, you are.  You're the one claiming to know the unknowable and to understand the incomprehensible.  Neither you nor I know of anything that is outside of this well.  I have made no claims regarding what is outside of this well.  I don't know - but you keep telling me what the hell is outside of this well.  One of us is making up random bullsh*t about what's outside of this well, and it isn't me."
   "You are a rascal who thinks he knows everything."
   "Again, I'm not the one espousing knowledge about the unknowable."
   "You are a rascal who thinks he knows everything.  Fool.  Just listen to me."
   "Again, I'm not the one espousing knowledge about the unknowable."
   "What makes you think you're qualified to see the forest moon of Endor?"
   "Did I say anything about being qualified to see it?  You're the one telling me that there is a forest moon of Endor!  You!  You're the one making this claim, not me!  You!"
   "You are a rascal who thinks he knows everything.  What are your qualifications for seeing the forest moon of Endor?"

And with that, Doctor Frog's brain shutdown in hopes of protecting itself from the barrages of unclever insults and broken, twisted logic.
Changed Change Reason Date
SevenPatch Heh, awesome post :) January 29, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
Jag +1 for making me laugh out loud January 29, 2014, 04:30:31 PM
Quesi Endor January 29, 2014, 11:45:12 AM
wheels5894 Brilliant parody! January 29, 2014, 11:43:38 AM