Karma reasons for concrete message

Hatter23

• Darwins +259/-7

I have not heard anything about this prior, but I know PZ Myers has been doing a lot of posting over the last year or two about the apparently rampant chauvanism and mysogyny in the atheist movement.  Now, Skepchick has this :

Dear Muslima

Stop whining, will you. Yes, yes, I know you had your genitals mutilated with a razor blade, and . . . yawn . . . don’t tell me yet again, I know you aren’t allowed to drive a car, and you can’t leave the house without a male relative, and your husband is allowed to beat you, and you’ll be stoned to death if you commit adultery. But stop whining, will you. Think of the suffering your poor American sisters have to put up with.

Only this week I heard of one, she calls herself Skep”chick”, and do you know what happened to her? A man in a hotel elevator invited her back to his room for coffee. I am not exaggerating. He really did. He invited her back to his room for coffee. Of course she said no, and of course he didn’t lay a finger on her, but even so . . .

And you, Muslima, think you have misogyny to complain about! For goodness sake grow up, or at least grow a thicker skin.

Richard

http://skepchick.org/2011/07/the-privilege-delusion/

WTF, Dawk?

Sounds like a reasonable mocking of an unreasonable skwalking. The incident sounds like a overly sensitive feminist freaked out because they got hit on by a person they didn't want to be hit on by.

RD is perfectly correct to mock this.

Unless the man touched her(more than just a tap on the shoulder) that's a different story. But an unwanted verbal advance? Grow the fuck up. I've had unwanted verbal advances by both sexes and I'm straight; it isn't an assault. Occasionally slimey, sure. I didn't appreciate the offer of money. But BFD!

Furthermore, the mocking had an extra point. An occasional unwanted advance is a hell of a better alternative to a sex and gender straightjacketed society. It is a very minor cost of freedom.

Also most unintentionally hillarous name for the article. She is operating under the privlege delusion.
Changed Change Reason Date