Karma reasons for concrete message

jynnan tonnix

• Darwins +81/-1

Wayne, I asked you:
But given that men are not angels, as you say, and given that we are all supposedly prone to giving in to our sinful natures (otherwise there would be no need for a savior), why is it that someone who professes faith should be any more trustworthy than an atheist?

Now, I'm sure that the majority of Christians out there are trustworthy, honorable people, but the thing is that you could say exactly the same thing about your average atheist. And, as in any population, you will find liars, cheaters, swindlers, etc on both sides of the

If it was in someones nature to lie, wouldn't it make sense that it would be just as easy for them to profess faith, or swear to God that they were telling the truth if they thought they could pull the wool over someones eyes more easily that way?

Why would someones simply professing to be a Christian make them automatically more trustworthy than an atheist? At least you can be pretty darn sure that someone professing atheism is at least telling the truth on that count

You responded:

All men will be punished for their sins in the after life, For you to serve in government, you have to swear that you believe in God's Judgement.  Atheists that never tell lies can't serve because as honest as they might be in reality (which is a big hypothetical)  in God we trust, in man we don't.  In God's final Judgement we trust, In men's judgement we don't. 

I have to believe you know what I'm talking about here. Swearing on a Bible and all that.  Is that not so academic that I need to illustrate it?

Now, never mind that your quoting was so messed up here that I could barely find your response, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

What does the afterlife have to do with whether someone is honest in THIS life? There are plenty of Christians who fail to live up to standards. However, doesn't Christian doctrine say they will be forgiven? How is believing in god's judgement a guarantee that someone will live a blameless life? The rest of your sentence here is pretty incoherent.

And, by the way, I had asked a couple of pages back, but received no response...You seem to be so obsessive about living a godly life and not allowing Satan to influence you, etc...The story about the Batman movie and your daughter shows that as a father you were very careful about what she was exposed to, yet despite (or maybe as a response to) all your boundaries, it seems that she spent some time estranged from you and addicted to drugs or alcohol. You also refer to "one of my ex wives", which leads to the assumption that your current wife is at least your third?

How is this life history reflective of all the blessings you should receive as a devout Christian?
Changed Change Reason Date
DumpsterFire Many great points. January 12, 2013, 11:51:39 PM