Karma reasons for concrete message

Dante

• Darwins +72/-9

Obviously, Godexists, you're a true believer. And that's fine, in and of itself. But does it ever strike you as strange that the vast majority of scientists on the planet vehemently disagree with the hypotheses you keep plagiarizing putting forward? Don't you find it a little weird that only creationists, and no mainstream, unbiased scientists agree with these premises?

Sure, great discoveries have been made, in the past, going against popular belief of the time. That's a given. And it'll probably happen again in the future. Because that's how science works. Constantly updating our knowledge, and our worldviews. And that's a good thing.

I am curious though; why is it that you attempt to get us skeptics to buy what you're selling? To get us into heaven with you? Is that it? Or is it merely an attempt to strengthen your own belief system? I mean, it's fairly obvious you're not really here, or at JREF, to learn anything about how the 'verse really works, so I'm a bit confused as to why you so diligently engage us.

Look man, if you want to believe that your god created the cosmos 6000 years ago, well, that's your prerogative. But please don't try to pass on your beliefs as true, when they obviously aren't. The earth is much older than 6000 years, evolution works, and while we don't yet know how life started on this planet, the odds of it being a natural explanation are overwhelming, given all the rest of the 'verse can so far be explained naturalistically.

And, if your beliefs turn out to be true, well good for you. But don't hold your breath. Unless, of course, you're in a hurry to meet your maker.
Changed Change Reason Date