Karma reasons for concrete message

screwtape

Administrator

• Darwins +618/-23

Because its not a matter of you can't believe its a matter of you won't believe. Because then you will be accountable for what you do. And you can't have that, so you deny.

jake,

Pop quiz: what is the 9th commandment?

I don't get offended by much.  But this^ is one of the few things that offends me.  What do you know about velkyn, me or any other atheist that makes you think you can make this statement?  Are you a mind reader?  Have you met velkyn (or me or any other atheist)?  Have you seen a survey of atheists where they say that is why they don't believe in gods?  Have you observed velkyn (or me or any other atheist) behaving in such a way as to make you think accountability is a problem for us?  Is velkyn (or me or any other atheist) running amok more than any one else in society? 

You see, jake, I hear that same line a lot from xians.  And I look at my life and wonder how that could possibly be the case.  I am married.  I don't cheat on my wife.  I drink only in moderation. I don't do drugs.  I don't steal.  I haven't killed anyone.  I don't attend wild sex parties.  I have a steady job.  I have no problem accounting for myself.  So for me, no accountability is of no benefit. 

From what I know of velkyn, she is in more or less the same boat.  So a deficit of accountability would be useless to her as well.

In fact, most of the people I know are either atheists or only marginally religious.  None of them behave in a way that would be shameful.  IF there was a god and that god was the god described by xians, the only basis for any of them going to hell would be they don't believe in a god. 

So I am perplexed by your stupid accusation. Tell me, jake, just why would you make such a bold claim?  The best answer I can come up with is you are a bigot, repeating the bigoted slander of your bigoted church. 

The answer to the quiz, jake: thou shalt not bear false witness.  Why does lying seem to be part and parcel of being a xian these days?
Changed Change Reason Date