Karma reasons for concrete message

wright

• Darwins +74/-1

Recently, void of god's crutch, on this thread (http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,24410.msg543635.html#new), made the following claim:
have you noticed the chem trails in the sky more and more now?? i see them constantly spraying..and i know my asthma's been kicked into overdrive, not sure if it's the spray, or the season, or extra fires people are making..i see change, and it's not great. !

Sarcasm can be a tricky thing to judge on the internet, so void, I gotta ask: do you really believe that jet contrails are caused by governments spraying chemicals on their citizens?

hmm...do i believe our government is geoengineering our weather to combat global warming, yes, i would not put it past our government to do shady things against it's own people so we wont or can't stand in their way. i see the spray, and understand quite well the difference between contrails and chemtrails, how they should but don't disapear for hours. our skys are criss crossed every single day...why? what's coming out of those planes that hangs in our atmosphere for HOURS, it's not just water vapor, i can tell you that. i don't know what it is. i do know it shouldn't be there though. and i wouldn't put it past our government for a second to do something like this, then slowly admit what it is exactly they're doing. they gotta look like they're trying to fix the problem, even if what they're doing isn't fixing it, but possibly making other conditions worse by doing it. and if you think that they'd be up front about spraying stuff into the air that people, animals,water and soil *our food* takes in, then you're living in an awesome altered state of reality. our government is as shady as they come.

While I would not argue that the US government always has the best interests of its citizens in mind, I find conspiracy theories largely untenable. And the more people involved, the more vulnerable a given "conspiracy" gets. To be spraying chemical compounds from commercial and / or military jets on a regular basis would require at least tens of thousands of people in the US alone.

For those lucky souls unaware until now of the "chemtrail conspiracy", here's the basics:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory
From the wiki:
The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for purposes undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by various government officials.[1] This theory is not accepted by the scientific community, which states that they are just normal contrails, as there is no scientific evidence supporting the chemtrail theory.

Due to the popularity of the conspiracy theory, official agencies have received thousands of complaints from people who have demanded an explanation.[1][2] The existence of chemtrails has been repeatedly denied by scientists around the world, who say the trails are normal contrails.[3] The United States Air Force states that the theory is a hoax which "has been investigated and refuted by many established and accredited universities, scientific organizations, and major media publications."[4] The United Kingdom's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has stated that chemtrails are not scientifically recognized phenomena.[5]

The term chemtrail is a portmanteau of the words "chemical" and "trail," just as contrail is a contraction of "condensation trail." The term does not refer to other forms of aerial spraying such as agricultural spraying ('crop dusting'), cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting.[6] The term specifically refers to aerial trails allegedly caused by the systematic high-altitude release of chemical substances not found in ordinary contrails, resulting in the appearance of characteristic sky tracks. Supporters of this conspiracy theory speculate that the purpose of the chemical release may be for solar radiation management, population control,[1] weather control,[2] or biological warfare/chemical warfare and that these trails are causing respiratory illnesses and other health problems.[7][8]

It does seem that contrails have an affect on global temperatures (http://facstaff.uww.edu/travisd/pdf/jetcontrailsrecentresearch.pdf), but AFAIK, there's no international or even national attempt to mitigate global warming using them.
Changed Change Reason Date