Karma reasons for concrete message

Astreja

• Darwins +256/-3

Astreja, you don't need to pray, you can just limit yourself to believe and do something good just for the sake of it.

Augusto, I don't need to "limit Myself to believe" in order to do good in the world.  I have never believed in your god, and I know that I've done far more good than bad in My lifetime.  Your belief and your deity are surplus to My requirements.

I don’t know you, but let's say you are capable of adopting a child, or at least a homeless dog. DO IT, then keep on with your life...

Been there, done that.  All of My 7 cats are former alley cats, or the offspring of former alley cats.  (Freyja, Mama Cat to 5 of the kittehs, is no longer with My household.   :()

...later on, decide if you want to say you did it in the name of God, or in the name of random chaos, or just because you are good.

I can't think of a single good reason to say why I did _________.  It's enough that it got done.  I can state unequivocally that I refuse to give someone else credit for My own actions, as I wouldn't give them the blame either.

I can tell you this: if you do mostly bad things, eventually your own heart will accuse you, and you will feel bad for things you did...

This tends to be the case with most individuals who experienced good nurturing and early childhood development.  It isn't universal, though.  People with psychological conditions such as psychopathy and narcissistic personality disorder do not tend to be remorseful.

...and , your actions will have their weight in your soul...

Soul?  Weight?  You mean, like weighing the heart against Ma'at's feather in order to enter the Egyptian afterlife?  ;)

Truth is, you don’t have to pray at all, whenever you see a sunset, or get a loving kiss, you can simply say “thanks God”, you don’t even need to say it, it is enough if you feel it, and if you show you are grateful with your actions, to make this world a better place, and to let others share your joy. If you do this, you should be ending up believing in God, and you will know for sure you have not been under hypnotism.

Augusto, I am 54 years old.  I have been awed by many things in this world:  Double rainbows; aurora borealis; the view from the top of Mt. Saint-Hilaire, Quebec; Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky performed live by a symphony orchestra and a choir; and a total eclipse of the sun on a clear, bitterly cold day in Winnipeg in February 1979.

I've won amazing battles after multiple failures, and I've had unnervingly close calls where the wrong decision -- Or a decision put off till the morning --  would have cost Me My life.  I've given birth.  I've kept deathbed vigils.

I don't need your god, for I have the entire universe.
Changed Change Reason Date
12 Monkeys kicking ass with the clue-by-four February 25, 2012, 10:57:39 AM
Augusto Excellent reply February 25, 2012, 09:30:42 AM
bertatberts worthy of respect February 25, 2012, 07:42:27 AM
Quesi I like your universe February 25, 2012, 12:46:58 AM