Karma reasons for concrete message

ParkingPlaces

• Darwins +771/-6

If Jesus had never shown up, if you were not a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, then you could eat all the "bacon-wrapped barbecued shrimp" you could want because you were not under the Mosaic Law.

Does this mean that as long as you're not a descendant of Abaraham, Issac and Jacob, its okay to be gay?

I have a gay son and a Jewish son, but they are not one in the same. I'm just wondering if they both dodged a bullet?

I've addressed this in a previous post, but I'll do it again for you but in abbreviated form.

There is God's Moral Law, which existed from the beginning.  The Moral Law is why it is wrong to murder (Cain and Abel), why rape is wrong (Jacob's daughter), why dishonesty is a sin (Abraham, Jacob), why adultery is wrong (Abimelech and Sarai), why homosexuality is wrong (Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah), and this is all before the Mosaic Law. 

God's Moral Law is for everyone, the Mosaic Law incorporated the Moral Law but also added many ceremonial, dietary, and civil laws just for the Jews.

Jesus fulfilled/completed all the requirements of the Moral Law and the Mosaic Law.  The Mosaic Law has been completed, so it no longer applies to the Jews and never applied to the Gentiles. 

The Moral Law is still in effect today, except for those who do not believe in Objective Moral Truth and think it is ok to murder, rape, lie, steal, etc.

My, my. Christians sure are all over the map on this one. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and consider this the definitive Christian answer. Anybody believer that disagrees with me will get pointed to this post.

My gay son, who just the other day said, while eating clam chowder and wearing clothing of mixed cloths, that he hoped he wasn't in too much trouble with your non-existent god. I assured him that he'll be fine. I'll stick with that, and now I know that you disagree, I'm twice as sure I'm right.  ;D

But my Jewish son will be greatly relieved to know that it is okay for him to push elevator buttons on Sunday. He's only Jewish by birth, not in practice, but he didn't want to upset mommy.
Changed Change Reason Date
lotanddaughters Un-fucking-believable. December 30, 2013, 08:07:53 PM