Karma reasons for concrete message

ParkingPlaces

• Darwins +643/-3

I have a sense that some of you won't engage because you may be afraid that your beliefs may be threatened. Sound familiar :-) You see I don't think you guys know for sure yourselves. In that light you are no different from the religious folks. Just another "church of the believers". Of course, I could be wrong.

I'll tell you what. You christians get together and find a way to agree on what the bible says, what it means, and what it proves or otherwise demonstrates in a satisfying way, and I'll give your excuses a listen. But as long as there are tens of thousands of interpretations of that which is often called "the perfect word of god", I'm not going to get too excited about it.

My atheism is not christian specific. I have no reason to believe in any of the gods proposed over the ages. Well, if there is a god of strawberries, I really like strawberries and I might think about that one for a millisecond or two. Otherwise, nope. Of course if you can ever demonstrate that belief in your god is in any way advantageous in this life or prove beyond any doubt that the afterlife is real, I'll give your belief system a second chance. But since you can't even sort of kinda demonstrate that your god could just maybe be, sorta, real, if you tilt your head and squint, I have no interest.

Of course, you could try matchings christianity with observed reality. I know that's asking a lot, but it would go a long way in making it slightly harder for me to dismiss it. Your god, in an effort to differentiate himself from all the other gods, decided to stay invisible, just like the others. Because he's not clear on any concept. Which isn't helping. In the meantime, I shall continue to conclude that all religions, including christianity, are myths. Just like myths are myths.

In the meantime, while you're diving into scripture and trying to come up with something new and convincing, could you, while you're in there, color code the bible so that we could have some final authority on which parts are literal, which are metaphorical, which are allegory, etc. That too would really help.

Until then, you could spend a little time coming up with a really good excuse as to why the bible is so unconvincing. I've heard thousands of poor excuses, but no really good ones. But hey, a guy can hope.

In the meantime, you go ahead and do what you can to clarify the ridiculous. I appreciate your interest. There are historical things I am interested in too. Of course I tend to restrict my interests to stuff that, you know, actually happened, but hey, that's just me.

All of this is to tell you that I am very different from a believer. Not only do I lack the necessary gullibility, and lack the necessary fear of death, I also passed kindergarten on the first try so I know what fairy tales are. All of those things combine to distance me from such nonsense.

The next time you try to shove the demeaning "church of believers" label down my throat, watch out. I might start insulting you and your religion or something. You wouldn't want that.
Changed Change Reason Date