Karma reasons for concrete message

ParkingPlaces

• Darwins +685/-3

WHAT PART OF "THE BIG BANG IS A THEORY THAT IS ONE OF THE POSSIBILITIES AND WE ACCEPT IT AS CURRENTLY PLAUSIBLE BUT NOT AS THE ULTIMATE TRUTH" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

WHAT PART OF "SCIENCE IS NOT THE REASON I AM AN ATHEIST" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I thought I was the one that was supposed to be yelling my irrational beliefs at people, and the atheist the calm collected scientific mind. Are you saying you doubt the science showing the universe beginning in a specific creation event? I agree there is a lot of guesswork in cosmology, but not withstanding some grand illusion, this one is pretty well established at this point?

science is certainly the basis of my belief, out of interest; what's the basis of yours?

I yelled because you ignore. You assume too much about us and respond to your assumptions, not our version of what atheism is. You are shooting holes in the side of the barn then drawing a circle around them and proclaiming yourself a great marksman. You need to work with what we give you, not what you're making up about us.

The basis of my belief is the silliness of religious stories. Keep in mind that there have been atheists as long as there have been believers. The folks you were burning usat the stake 400 years ago for not believing didn't have any more science in their heads than the ones that were doing the burning. I was trying to avoid bringing up old wounds, but you're forcing the issue.

Your god demands belief. All other gods demand belief. Other gods, like Zeus, clearly don't exist and don't need to be believed in. In your mind, your god is different. In mine, he isn't.

The day a god shows up and requires no faith, no belief, no old stories, no excuses, then I'll listen. In the meantime, I argue with the suckers.
Changed Change Reason Date
William a god that requires no faith - neat idea July 02, 2013, 12:23:30 PM