Karma reasons for concrete message

natlegend

• Darwins +63/-0

I was having a conversation with my aunt, who in the last 18 months at the tender age of 60, has 'rediscovered' Christianity. As I gently rebutted every claim she made about her miraculous savior she finally started getting frustrated and blurted out "Well we should all be thankful that god made the ultimate sacrifice when he sent his only son to die on the cross! He did that to save the whole world from sin!" To which I replied "Yes but wouldn't you do exactly the same thing, if it meant saving everyone on the planet? I know I wouldn't enjoy being crucified, but I wouldn't hesitate going through the same ordeal if I knew everyone in the whole wide world would be saved from dammnation. Heck, I reckon my 12 year old little sister would do the same. In fact,when it comes to saving everyone on the planet, I reckon you'd be hard put to find someone who would say no."

This got an interesting reaction from my aunt. She was quiet for a moment, and then quietly said "Y'know, I'd never thought of it that way."

And I left it at that.
Changed Change Reason Date
Noman Peopled That anecdote really lightened my mood. March 16, 2013, 05:37:51 AM