Karma reasons for concrete message

Mooby

• Darwins +75/-24

Man am I good or what?  :)
"Good" is not the word I have in mind.  When you discover the reply was not to you, and that I didn't mention the Pope at all... nah, you'll probably still manage to work it into your delusions I mentioned earlier.

Or is there more to it? Perhaps something I've missed?
Yes, there's a bit more on conscience, some of which can be found in the pages I linked above and their surrounding pages.  I think these are relevant to what you're asking:

• It is important for every person to be sufficiently present to himself in order to hear and follow the voice of his conscience. This requirement of interiority is all the more necessary as life often distracts us from any reflection, self-examination or introspection (Source)
  • Conscience must be informed and moral judgment enlightened[. . .]The education of the conscience is a lifelong task[. . .]In the formation of conscience the Word of God is the light for our path[. . .]We are assisted by the gifts of the Holy Spirit, aided by the witness or advice of others and guided by the authoritative teaching of the Church. (Source)
  • Yet it can happen that moral conscience remains in ignorance and makes erroneous judgments about acts to be performed or already committed. (Source)

In other words, God makes morality knowable to all of us via conscience, but to achieve that knowledge one must cultivate and educate that conscience.  A well-formed conscience will allow a person to recognize the moral law written onto our hearts, while a poorly formed one will lead us to confuse or disregard that message.  The Church believes that the fullest, most complete revelation of that moral law comes through Jesus, and thus turning towards Him and his Church will lead one to cultivate that conscience.
Changed Change Reason Date
HAL Claims upon claims without evidence May 25, 2013, 05:16:38 PM