Karma reasons for concrete message

nogodsforme

• Darwins +851/-6

If a person was known to be sexually attracted to helpless coma patients, they should not be allowed near any helpless coma patients. The word to conjure with here is "helpless".

And that is the point about kids. We can argue about whether a 15 or 16 year old is helpless in terms of adult interactions with 18+ year old people. We don't have to argue about 10, 11 or 12 year olds. There is physical, emotional and psychological damage done when kids are put into adult roles too early. Some of the damage is irreversible.

This is like the debate over whether women should be able to get birth control. Is this 2012?

It does not matter if a girl got her period at the age of 10 (like one of my daughter's friends). It does not matter if she has started to develop physically. It does not matter if there are adult men who are attracted to her. Most females start getting attention from adult males way before they are ready to handle it.

A girl is not ready for a sexual relationship at 10. And any adult who thinks a child of that age is the equal of an 18+ year old in terms of sex is truly a sick person. That is why children have parents to protect them until they are old enough to protect themselves.

This is a very difficult thread for me, since I was an abused kid. I am trying to be calm and rational, but it is not easy. The Vulcan Death Grip reflex toward child abusers is almost overwhelming. You might say that I would not be the best person to counsel or assist convicted pedophiles. :P
Changed Change Reason Date
Quesi eloquent, rational and personal July 21, 2012, 07:50:50 PM
Traveler Well said, and sorry for your past experiences. July 21, 2012, 07:38:40 PM
Timtheskeptic well said and i agree! July 21, 2012, 07:21:11 PM
Kimberly I think you did well. July 21, 2012, 07:14:28 PM